Thread: First Grow - White Moskow, Quasar and NL

Thanks

Default First Grow - White Moskow, Quasar and NL

After months of consideration I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered some seeds - yipeee!

My project 'stealth chest' is gonna be kept simpl, as its my first attempt to grow. Just three plants to begin with (all feminized), but might add a couple more at week 5 if all goes to plan.

The chest looks like this:

So far I've ordered a 200wt red cfl, balast, reflector and roller supports. The plan is to have an exhaust at the back of the chest, sucking fresh air through a large keyhole at the front. I'm guessing I'll also have to deal with odour at some point, but have not managed to work out a plan to tackle that.
    The problem with small-scale stealthy grows like this one - or so I'm led to believe - is that you need a faily powerful fan to suck air through the carbon filter. The last thing I want is to have noise giving the game away, so any sensible suggestions on that front would be welcome...

Seeds and light etc should arrive tomorrow. I'm gonna set the box up and buy other bits and pieces over the weekend. Good times

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IMTALKINGTHC For This Useful Post:

Magic7 (09-07-10)

Thanks

I'm afraid there's no update because I'm still fannying about trying to work out how I'm gonna do this.
    If someone could answer a couple more questions I might be in a position to kick things off this weekend
    The wooden chest is not mine, so I can't paint the inside white. I'm hoping to get around this by lining the inside with mylar (emergency blankets). First question: would i still have to fill/seal the little holes and cracks, or is the mylar light proof?
    Next issue is ventilation. As you can see its a pretty small trunk. There's a keyhole at the front. I realise it's far from ideal, but would I be able to get away with an 80mm pc fan sucking air in through the hole, escaping via a hole in the bottom corner. I was thinking of using ducting to direct the intake to the opposite end of the extraction hole, thus channeling fresh air past the plants. Also, another fan to cool temps inside might be a sensible idea?
    Please help guys - I have all the essentials and am dying to get this one up and running.

Thanks

No matter - I'll just get on with the plan and see how it goes. Update next week.

Thanks

ok, so the NL and quasar seeds have sprouted straight from the pots, but nothing doing on the white moskow front. Both seedlngs are looking spindly and yellow (presumably not a good sign) and are no doubt desperate for some CFL powered light.
    However the problem I have is that the ballast cable is conndected to a sealed plug. I need to feed the cable through a hole in the side of the trunk. I'm no electrician, so what to do?

Thanks

no worries - got it sorted. The seedlings are now enjoying some sunshine!