Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone post a thread regarding good strains for Topping/fimming????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

Default Can anyone post a thread regarding good strains for Topping/fimming????

Hello all, just thought it would be a good thread and probably worth a sticky if a well knowledged THC member can come upwith a list of strains that respond well to topping and lists that suit scrogging ect......if anyones clued up enough to do this, please do, it would be a big help to members including myself
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

moto_rider (17-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

maybe we could all chip in our xp... barney's amnesia lemon yielded well after being topped but their LSD didn't respond as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tay For This Useful Post:

yoko2009 (17-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

oooooo i disagree tay mate - i thought the lsd responded well when i topped mine. different strokes i guess?
    cock

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

Pink_tiger (18-07-10), yoko2009 (17-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

Thats it cock one post and your already causing arguments hehe but yeah anyone with knowlegde on which strains good for what get them posted on here.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CockRoach View Post
    different strokes i guess?
    cock
    looks like it ...i thought mine would have been really bushy without topping anyway, with topping it seemed to go too far and i got lots of little dense buds, none of which i'd have described as a 'cola'. the smaller sattelite buds on the amnesia lemon still pwnd the main buds on the lsd along with 2 big ass colas.

Thanks

greenhouse seeds big bang works well being topped.i grew a couple of them last year topped 1 and left the other to compare.there was a big difference.the topped 1 ended up nearly twice the size of the other with 2 hugh colas on top

Thanks

ive never done it but ive read that, blueberry likes being topped. ice cream likes a topping too
    i thought the general thing was pure indica or hybrid with high percentage indica like being topped.
    if a plant responds well to topping then scrogging is a good way to go
    NOTE: Everything i post is merely fictional and should not be taken seriously. FTP

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ditrod For This Useful Post:

a13x (18-07-10)

Thanks

yes blueberry does like to be topped and so does ice
    i think basiclly most strains will take to being topped to either keep the height down or to keep the canopy level....
    im doing flying dutchmans pot of gold atm and that doesnt like to be topped apparently
    i think if i would of topped them id of still got the same weight overall but all the same size medium sized buds rather than 4 big ones on each plant and the rest medium sized
    I Don't Fuck Around

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

See i was always told when i first grew out ghs trainwreck that it loves to be topped, so i did first few grows as per advice and yeilds were wank!

Only recently have i tried just leaving it to it and the yeilds have went up by double.. One big fat terminal bud instead of 4 or 6, two shitty gram van-dammes!

But on another note ive grew out arcata trainwreck and that loves a good topping... So trainwreck loves a good topping, but the trainwreck i had wasnt trainwreck if you get me?! So was wasting my time topping them

So what im getting at is dont take in everthing you hear so seriousley, find your own feet with a strain, grow it out and experiment with it instead of jumping in feet first and ending up with a crop that looks like a fucking joke lol!

You just cant be so sure, ive had seeds from the same breeder and you couldnt tell they were the same plant looking at the variation of phenotypes in them.. Just my 2p!

Bit of a stoned sunday morning ramble, i think i had better hang up my index fingers!

BM

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

bud_alzir (18-07-10), yoko2009 (19-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,250 Times

hi budman..that is so true i could not have put better myself thank you fake seeds from fake breeders when bank's release 20 strains in 20 days like nirvana and greenhouse DO that in itself should ring alarm bell's as to what thought and love went into creating that strain.and i have no doubt in my mind it's a big fat zero which funnily enough is the same as there bank accounts as they have plenty of big fat zero's usually six of them hey arjen/gypsy£££££££££££ that's the only green there intrested in believe me£££££££££ ps yoko it needed saying lol
    grow mango haze.and save a fortune on nutrients.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast