Thread: Need to keep the bugs at bay.

Thanks

Thumbs down Need to keep the bugs at bay.

I'm going away on Thursday for two weeks and I'm leaving my plants outside, however I don't want to return to a couple of cannabis twigs. Could any of you guys suggest a way to keep the bugs at bay with out affecting the smoke, I'm open to anything really but preferably something that could be picked up at BnQ/homebase ect.

cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mty View Post
    I'm going away on Thursday for two weeks and I'm leaving my plants outside, however I don't want to return to a couple of cannabis twigs. Could any of you guys suggest a way to keep the bugs at bay with out affecting the smoke, I'm open to anything really but preferably something that could be picked up at BnQ/homebase ect.

cheers
    I've got some 'Organic Bayer Bug Free' spray that I picked up at B&Q for about £4. It helps keep away most leaf munching insects etc. I think ideally it needs spraying about once a week but I'm sure it would do you for 2.

Slugs and rabbits are the main destroyers though, you need chicken wire to keep rabbits at bay if they are in the area your putting them in. Slugs can be kept away using copper as it reacts with their slime to give them an electric shock. Thick copper wire (obviously stripped of its plastic sheath) and wrapped around the base of the plants stem should help. I've used copper pipe hammered flat and bent into a circle and placed around the stem. I think B&Q/Homebase etc should stock copper slug tape if you don't want to improvise. Slug pellets liberally scattered about your plants wouldn't go amiss either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrtank For This Useful Post:

Mty (21-07-10)

Thanks

Thanks ill try and pick some up asap. As for the rabbits and slugs I don't seem to have had any problem with either, my garden is mostly paved and i have 9 dogs and 3 cats that seem to destroy most wildlife.