Thread: Leaf curl probs?

Thanks

Default Leaf curl probs?

my plants are deep in to flower and over the last few weeks the tips of the leafs are curling and pointing down, and even some are pointing up. Can someone please tell me what causes this? the colour of the leafs are healthy darkish green. Could it be due to heat problems as it has been very hot in the room latley, or maybe over feeding them? Any help would be much appriciated, thanks.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

Heat stress can indeed cause leaf curl mate.
    What temps you running at the main canopy? what light? what distance from top of plant?

Thanks

as its in the loft you can image how hot it gets on them hot summer days, theres been days when its reached like 35*c (i know),,,,,
    trying to keep it around 23*ish is a bitch at the mo. better in the winer season. i even have an aircon unit up there but its to big to place it directly in the tent so i taped a 4'' duct to it and sealed it properly and use it as the inlet to try cool the room(tent) down,(it helps but doesn't do the proper job) you dont get the full power of the unit that way and trust me its good aircon unit 1200btu. i got 2x 600w beeming down on em, maybe some of them are as close as 10'' to the lights, i know they should really be arond the 18'' mark but ive already used the snapping technique at 90*degrees.
    Do you think thats the problem mate?

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

yes heat problems mate..some of myl eaves are curling up and down..not too concerned myself but just keep a eye on it..

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

I've got a little bit of leaf curl but I was pushing it with the lowness of my light. I highered it up and it seems to be calming.
    35 is pretty warm but we're all suffering with the heat, although thankfully I've been able to keep mine just about bang on 30 most of the time which I'm quite comfortable with.

But with 2x600's beaming down on em only 10 inches above, I'd say you've answered your own question there mate.
    Higher them lights up a few inches. Better having a little less quick growth than a load of bad growth

Thanks

thanks guys for the info,, cant take the lights no higher, out of space. thats why i used the snapping technique 90*degree bend and support with good string. (the same method i used last time)and pulled amazing 34oz of 5 plants for my 1st crop(beginners luck lol). only got 3 in this time, dont think im gonna be so lucky. fingers crossed ay.
    thanks again.

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

well done mate..a lot of weight for 5 plants..was that 34oz dry or wet?

blurry-vision Guest

Yeah mine are doing this, don't think it's heat as I'm only using a 250watt blue CFL, have read it could also be over/under watering and low humidity, mines only minor though but yeah it's something to keep an eye on, have added a bowl of water to the tent to bump the humidity up might be worth you trying the same ?

Thanks

34 dry that was mate. a pal of mine had same sort of set up as me and he didn't even manage half of what i pulled (i guess paying attention and doing my homework paid of for me in the end). ive stuck just 3 in this time and there about 2/3 weeks left on them, there starting to faten up nice(proper sticky too)lol,, but doubt ill be so lucky this time, fingers crossed ay!
    peace.

Thanks

i hear wat ur saying bro but humidy is around the 50 mark and as there deep in flower i dont really wanna raise it = bud mould(rot). if in veg then maybe yeah. i think you got a good point on the over feeding there mate and personally i think it may be a bit of both....high temps and a little over feed. just trying to fat the sexy ladies up i guess, lol.
    thanks .