Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Burnz Trippin on QWISO Hash (Step-by-Step)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

Cool Burnz Trippin on QWISO Hash (Step-by-Step)

QWISO

What is QWISO ? It's an acronym for Quick Wash Isopropyl

People think that extracting THC with Isopropyl (ISO) is nasty and messy, and it can be. Usually you see a thick black sticky mess. The reason this happens is because ISO is polar and will extract the chlorophyll along with THC giving you a harsher lower quality hash.

This is the cheapest way to make high grade hash (IMO) you don't get a large amount but it will rip the face off of even the most experienced smoker

WARNING : Isopropyl is very flammable, do not use a gas stove to purge and do this in a well ventilated area (outdoors recommended).

Here's what you need

Alcohol (Isopropyl \ ISO) you can use 99% , 91% or 70% the lower the percentage of alcohol the longer it will take to purge. Do not use rubbing alcohol as it has added detergents and dyes that will contaminate your final product.

2 Jars

Coffee filters and a strainer

Razor Blade

A plate or Pyrex container (make sure it's flat so it's easy to scrape)

A pot or other container to fill with water

Weed

Get your product (weed) and break it up. I used 6g of M39 (China Bud) witch looks alright but not very potent or tasty (usually picked early, not flushed properly, basically crap) I got for free. I also used about 1.5g of my seeded Malana and .5g of shit trim.

Left M39(China Bud) Right Seeded Malana

Here's a closer look at a small piece of the China Bud (M39) so you can see what it looks like.

Pour your ISO into the jar, just enough to cover all of the trim, do this quick and start counting, cover it up and shake for 15 to 20 seconds. (no longer).

Now go ahead and open the jar and pour it through the strainer into another container first. You do this because you want to separate the plant material from the ISO quickly. If you pour it into the coffee filter first the plant material will sit in the ISO for to long and start pulling out the chlorophyll witch you don't want.

Everything should be done in 30 seconds or less from the time you start pouring in the ISO to the time it's separated from the material.

Now some small pieces will bypass the filter holes so now you can strain it through your coffee filter into your plate or Pyrex container.

Tada Mine is not totally filtered (as you can see) because my coffee filter had a tear in it and I was to lazy to get another If I used another filter it would have been almost colorless.

PURGE

Place your container or pot of water on the stove(electric)\hotplate and boil the water, then place the container with the product in (I was using a Pyrex container so I just plopped it in) or just above the water (if using a pot and plate) so it will start to evaporate all the ISO away.

Here it is all done and ready to scrape.

Viola ! This is what your left with (if I filtered it properly it would have been more of a golden color)

Boomshakalaka !! The big .3g ! It's not alot but a small bit goes a long way and it's really potent.

Cheers
    Last edited by BURNZ; 24-07-10 at 11:49 PM.

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to BURNZ For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (07-09-10), b.t.y (23-08-10), bergkamp (25-07-10), BUDAllTheTime (28-12-10), cannamancan (25-07-10), Denzil (28-10-11), duggie20091 (01-06-11), Forest (18-05-11), GREEN DRAGON (01-04-11), greenfingers 79 (25-07-10), illearth67 (25-07-10), J420 (25-07-10), JB (12-07-17), jmbong (25-07-10), jonathan (02-12-10), Juice (25-07-10), MrLers20 (28-07-10), prime (01-05-11), purple_widow (25-07-10), Roid-smoker (08-08-10), Simba (29-12-11), Smoker'96' (12-09-10), smurff jah (03-03-11), stonermax (25-07-10), Stoneysmoker (25-07-10), tartantoker68 (07-08-10), The Lost Soul (05-09-10), TheMartian (03-09-10), THOMAS CHONG (25-07-10), watoo (12-06-11), wert (24-07-10), Zen Archer (29-06-11)

blurry-vision Guest

Awesome guide mate, cheers, will have to give it a go sometime...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (24-07-10)

Thanks

Funny cuz someone was telling me how to make it this way the otherday accept he left it for a week in the iso stuff, said you wanted the brown colour as thats the purest.. I thought eh sure its golden you want but didn't say anythin. You just cleared it up and saved me a week thanks, looks awesome can't wait to try

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Juice For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (25-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,739 Times

yeah think im doing this with my trim but never knew i could use iso, i was gona go the butane way. but this looks easier
    GFORCE - if your worried about what your mates gonna say you could glue the leaves back on and spray it green lol.
    COCKROACH - *holds collar in memory*
    "Some people call a spade a spade... I call a c**t a c**t"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink_tiger For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (25-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

where do you get the Isopropyl from and how much does it cost?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bergkamp For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (25-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Ebay and like, 3 quid upwards(Search for Biostain, that's where I get mine if I can't be arsed going up town). I've got bloody vats of the stuff now for my bong Might give some trim a runthrough with this.. I've only got another half can or so of butane and wouldn't get as much. Butane oil is a loott cleaner but have seen some of the stickiest ickiest golden honey off of QWISO and was pretty impressed! Butane is well quicker too But for a result such as yours, it could well be worth it!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (25-07-10), Dabber (21-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bergkamp View Post
    where do you get the Isopropyl from and how much does it cost?
    I get mine at any pharmacy, but they also sell it in some variety stores, head shops (bit more expensive) or like eggbox says you can try e-bay.

Make sure to stay away from the anti-bacterial stuff though.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,289 Times

Nice one dude!
    Marijuana documentary's: Documentary's

Feel free to press the -Thanks- button to the lower left if I have been of help! : )

15. The Following User Says Thank You to J420 For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (25-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,331 Times

OOoo Burnz you naughty man. I am trying to cross things off my 'to-do' list, not add to it! lol

Thanks for the info mate

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneysmoker For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (25-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

hi burnz, do you think it would be ok to leave it in direct sunlight to evaporate the alcohol off ?how long would it take ?
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

BURNZ (25-07-10)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast