Thread: When doing a scrog at what stage should you clear up all below the screen?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

Default When doing a scrog at what stage should you clear up all below the screen?

Just planning a scrog and basically wondering when is the best time to clear all the folage that is below the screen and should i remove everything that is below? reading a few scrog diaries but everyone seems to be doing different with some removing none of the bottom folage. I was thinking maybe during the first to week of flower would be the best time to remove all this over a period of several days, also thinking about placing my screen 15-18" above my pots using 400w hps might even use 600w if i can shift the heat, i only have 180cm head height in total so does this sound okay???

Thanks in advance
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yoko2009 For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (26-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

i would wait until you feel you have enough foliage near the screen then clean her undercarrige - if theres a lot under there do it in stages like trim, leave for a week and trim again, just expect to be hauling out loadsa leaf lol

people should deffo be trimming the underneath if they wanna avoid problems later on in flower.

youve prolly seen this but incase ya havent https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ogging-noobs!!

sounds great yoko mate

cock

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

TheGreenMachine (26-07-10), yoko2009 (26-07-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

cheers cock i havnt seen that thread ill have a scan now!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

I'm on me second scrog and this time I'm leaving (no pun intended) the majority on for another couple of weeks. I flipped to 12/12 about 4 days ago.
    Last time I took a load of cuttings and trimmed a lot in the first week of 12/12. I had a hermie but TBH I don't trust the genetics on those as they were cuts from a guy who has been getting herms himself lately. But to rule out the chance of it happening just in case this time I'm gonna try not to shock em as much.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

yoko2009 (26-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CockRoach View Post
    people should deffo be trimming the underneath if they wanna avoid problems later on in flower.
    Althouth I'm not doing a SOG or SCROG I've just started trimming off the lower leaf and branch matter.
    I found it to be a pain in the ass watering with all that foliage and branch work spouting out the pot.
    So now my clones are sort of Bonzai(ish) with the first 6 inches being stem and then the first lot of nodes.
    Plus the lower branches only give air pop corn anyway.

Should be much easier to work with now.

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGreenMachine For This Useful Post:

yoko2009 (26-07-10)

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,887 Times

i'm like blessed,i think of a question i not sure about ,then some one posts the same question,karmic influences are shaping my destiny lol.