Thread: LEDs birth, what about future?

Thanks

Default LEDs birth, what about future?

Hi fellow growers

Ive been out of the game for a few years, but on my last setup none had even heard about LED.

Now it seems to be the new light source of the future, ive been tralling google and several forumes for some first hand experience. All i can find is a handfull of ppl with opinions about LED but noone with some real experience.

Also see that more and more eqp. stores for growers is selling led lamps

Whats my fellow growers opinion about led as it is today and the future of hps vs. led

- NS
    You're Either Part of the Solution, Or Part of the Problem

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

5 Card Draw Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,887 Times

may get better in a few years ,needs to be combined with hps to yeild at the mo,fairly impressive vegging power but cfl will do the same for a fraction of the cost and cfl is good for flower too .it can only get better tho,when it does i'm in for sure.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adambomb For This Useful Post:

Nonestop (04-08-10), Roid-smoker (04-08-10)

Thanks

yes too dear imo got one off my mate led 90w ufo and useing for extra lighting as i have 400w hps might get better in a few years
    LEGALISE CANNABIS CREW
    get on thc chat here.....................>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://host7110.123flashchat.com/thctalk/<<<<<<<<<<<...................... get on thc chat here

Thanks

So, all in all ppl are not that impressed with LED yet.

Would be nice if it ever got as good as hps bc of the low heat output and low power consume...

- NS

Thanks

I've tryed to grow with LEDs and nowt happend untill I put in HPS there amazing now tho with HPS LEDs and CO2 growing like 5-6" a day with loads of branches and folia

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul* For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (04-08-10)

Thanks

I only grow by Led light because of problems with the heat in my grow room.
    first came the 1W led that diddent really live up to anyones expectations.
    Then Came the 2W led that solved the problem with low light intensity, and i use it wiht great pleasur
    Now the 3w led will bee let out of its cage, and i think that it will bee the futur of indoor cannagrowing, and set a new standart for growing indoor they are hard to find but there are a few dealers out there
    I know that the time is ready for LED !!!!!! but it is still not cheap.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mozezuma For This Useful Post:

Nonestop (05-08-10)

Thanks

i have just purchased a 50w duel spec led blub for veg and it has blown my 125 blue cfl out of the water in just a week from popping above soil and i am on my second set of true leafs. Dont think i would try led for flower though but for vegging i am sold.
    It's my life take it or leave it, Set me free what's that crap papa-knew-it-all ,I got my own life you got your own life ,Live your life and set me free, Mind your business and leave my business ,You know everything papa-knew-it-all ,Very little knowledge is dangerous,
    Stop bugging me stop bothering me, Stop bugging me stop forcing me, Stop fighting me stop yelling me
    ITS MY LIFE

Thanks

I use LED for flower, and im totally impressed, big buds and lots of chrystals, i use uv- light 10w as well, because there are no uv emmision in led. But you need the rigth spectrum for flower. my LED dealer can make them as i want, and i use 10red. 3blue. 2 orange. and 1white for flower. and i works i garantee you HPS IS FOR SUCKERS !!!