Thread: Canna caps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Canna caps

Cannacaps

Cannacaps are standardized, quality controlled, activated natural product cannabis capsules.

Standardization means that each cap contains the same dosage of a major active in the prep. In the case of cannacaps they are standardized to the dosage of THC, which is by far the most abundant active in the capsules. So, each capsule contains the same amount of THC. Also known, but not displayed on the label is the amount of cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) in each cap.

By quality control we mean that the raw material that goes into the caps is tested for heavy metals (lead, arsenic, mercury, chromium 6 and ), pesticides (those commonly used in cannabis growing, such as avid) and pathogenic bacteria (Salmonella, E. coli, Coliforms, etc). Two of these tests, heavy metals and bacteria are made in qualified laboratories outside of the Green Cross, whereas pesticide and standardization are performed in-house. The latter two tests are done using an instrument called High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) that allows the analyst to identify and quantify principle compounds in a mixture. In this way we can locate, identify and quantify pesticides that may be in the prep plus using a different HPLC method we can identify and quantify the major cannabinoids present in a bud sample or raw material that is going into capsules.

By activated natural product cannabis capsules we are referring to decarboxylation of the various cannabinoids. Decarboxylation simply means removal of carbon dioxide from the cannabinoid molecule. We will use THC as the example. In nature, THC exists as an acid, with what is called a carboxyl group stuck on the molecule. With the carboxyl group on, THC is not psychoactive, remove it THC binds the receptor and we have the psychoactive effects, including pain relief, Anti-tremor activity and appetite stimulation. Without decarboxylation, these effects do not occur. The same, holds true for the other cannabinoids such as CBD and CBN, decarboxylation must occur to activate the molecule. Decarboxylation can be achieved through light energy, chemical bases, or through heat.

Benefit of Cannacaps:

Cannacaps offer a healthy alternative to smoking cannabis. Many persons using cannacaps find that their smoking decreases significantly. A few caps a day provides a feeling of general well being, whereas persons in chronic pain find best relief administering every four to six hours. Cannacaps can be designed to suit individual needs, taking advantage of the strain specificity of cannabis and are often provided in am/pm formulation for day and nighttime use. On cannacaps a person tends to eat good, sleep good and poop good. We maintain that oral cannabis is the medicine of the future and that as an herbal medicine; standardized, natural product cannabis, will be a leader.

A. Paul Hornby, Ph.D. September 16, 2008
    Cannabis Saved my life
    Legal cannabis educator advocate
    I didn't read the signature linking rules..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

So what are they and wr do u get them from?
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

Thanks

Tried these before, you used to be able to buy them online in batches of ten. Theyre more for medicinal users than recreational, the high from them is kind of weak and not a heavy stone, which is no good to me lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

That's the kind I like , I don't really like couchlock , that's why I only use weed through vapourisers it's a different high.

Thanks

You do know you can make these right? I use 1 teaspoon coconut oil to 1.5 gram of weed (decarbed) put in grinder (preferably coffee grinder), I put mine in a coffee cup and heat around 250 degrees for a minimum of 2 hours (in the oven) stirring at least once an hour. Put ALL of mixture (don't strain) in 00 caps, should get around 18 of them, DON'T take more than 3 at one time or you'll be licking the carpet....

Master Poet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by babykayla View Post
    You do know you can make these right? I use 1 teaspoon coconut oil to 1.5 gram of weed (decarbed) put in grinder (preferably coffee grinder), I put mine in a coffee cup and heat around 250 degrees for a minimum of 2 hours (in the oven) stirring at least once an hour. Put ALL of mixture (don't strain) in 00 caps, should get around 18 of them, DON'T take more than 3 at one time or you'll be licking the carpet....
    And doing that will also burn off all the THC and other active things in it.

Thanks

So what are they and wr do u get them from?

Thanks

Where are they sold at?

Master Poet Guest

They are not sold anywhere in the UK, you'll have to make your own.

Thanks

I imagine not in the US either.