Thread: how should i start...

Thanks

Default how should i start...

ive got 10 blue cheese seeds, a 600watt high pressure sodium light, a good sized grow room...

i know how to germinate as i have already succesfully germinated them...

once germinated do i put them under the light (if so how high should the light be from the plants), how often should i water and should it just be with normal water, how soon should i start seeing signs of life and what will them signs be....

id appreciate any help thanks..

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

yes put them in light as soon as they have germinated.Don't put the light too close,are you using a cfl or a hps? ok just seen you have a 600w hps..way too big and hot for seedlings..get yourself one 125w cfl for seedlings.

Last edited by up2nogood; 07-08-10 at 02:38 PM.
    Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

If the seeds has germed mate then you already got life. Once popped it needs to go under the light. 600w HPS can be too much for seedlings although some do use them, I personally only use CFL for seedling and veggin, the HPS is in the flower room. If HPS is your only lilght then I'd keep it quite hight at first and gradually lower it as it grows stronger and can cope with the heat. I take it you have good extraction?

Edit: You can use ordinary water out the tap but some recommend letting it stand for a day to de-chlorinate, which is whjat I do but dunno if it actually makes a diff cause I've never used water straight from tap.

Thanks

after they germ i'd try planting them lol

if you cant get a smaller light then go by if it burns the back of your hand its two close