Thread: Super Silver Haze length of flowering?

Thanks

Default Super Silver Haze length of flowering?

Got 3 SSH in the garden, and they are getting ready to flower YAY!
    Also some Himalayan Gold and Top 44s

Any ideas how long they will take to be ready, once the flowers start appearing?
    Is it weather dependant? IE more sun, warmer, they will be quicker, or once they start it should take approx x weeks?

Im guessing the top 44s will be quicker, being less staiva, more indica?

Im in the middle ish of the country, if thats relevant

Thanks

not grown the silver haze myself but id say any thing from 6 to 8 weeks till ready, ,
    sun does help but not with making them finish quicker its all about the ammount of light or lack of it that starts them off

Thanks

Ez dude i would have thought like most hazes they take anything from8-10weeks sometimes even longer i reckon i should be done by the end of october dude, the top44 i would think should be done in 8-9weeks. and the Himalayan Gold about 8-9weeks as well. hope this helps

Thanks
    Thanked 6,563 Times in 3,235 Posts

Haze could go 12.

Thanks

OK thanks....12 weeks??? heck...they are gonna be HUGE by the time they finish then ?

Thanks

yea i hear 12 weeks for most sativa's
    throw dirt on my name, thats ight im a wild flower

Thanks

I got some Sativa seeds last weed, Super Silver Haze being one of them.

Indoor flowering time 10-11 weeks,
    Outdoor should be ready to harvest mid october.
    Check out my grows 1st Homegrown (done) and Mellows going for gold

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Using that timer would be like wanking with a handful of razorblades.

Thanks

A friend of mine grew ghs super silver haze and his took between 12 and 14 weeks to finish, not great for outdoors, but they do grow tall aswell, his tallest was hitting the roof.
    Last edited by BURNZ; Today at 01:02 PM. Reason: Was about to add something but Fuck it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenfingers 79 View Post
    not grown the silver haze myself but id say any thing from 6 to 8 weeks till ready, ,
    sun does help but not with making them finish quicker its all about the ammount of light or lack of it that starts them off
    Never heard of strains finishing in 6 weeks?

What strains finish that quick?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,628 Times in 3,175 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SJD View Post
    Never heard of strains finishing in 6 weeks?

What strains finish that quick?
    it would be considered a quick finishing pheno,most quicker finishing strains are around the 8 week mark.my brother in law and nephew used to grow a northern lights [from clone] that finished in 6 weeks and was a good producer ,they kept the mum going for nearly 25 years.
    ssh ,10/12 weeks.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

SJD (15-08-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,884 Times in 1,781 Posts

I think your gonna be waiting a good while for a super silver haze to be finished over here in uk and could struggle to leave it as long as it needs with weather conditions. Ive known them go 13 week indoors, and its gonna need at least 11 imo. Awesome smoke tho when its grew right, its the type of strain that gets cut early by everyone tho. Good luck with her mate leafy

ps... your talking mid november finish imo.
    first grow back.. ug blues plus g13haze and friends

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...87-Ugorg-blues

Leafys 2014 greenhouse grow (hopefully)

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...reenhouse-grow

Thanks
    Thanked 5,836 Times in 3,441 Posts

Let me google that 4 u lol.
    Super silver haze....

Pedigree: Composed of the most commercial strains, known to the civilized world - Skunk, Northern Lights + Haze. Royally bred from 3 precious High Times Cup winners.

Awards: 1st place High Times Hydro Cup '97, '98, 1st place High Times Grand Cup '98.
    Strength: Overpowering combination of Indica + Sativa Highs. It leaves you gasping for reality.
    Flowering Times: Indoors: 8-10 weeks, with top yields, heavy resin production.
    Outdoors: Finishes by end of Oct. in northern hemisphere, or end of May/June in the southern Hemisphere. This complex hybrid is the cutting edge in practical Haze hybrids designed to astound both the grower and smoker alike. Highly Recommended. ? Green House Seed Co. catalog

Close sources say Arjan bred the SSH (nl x haze x skunk )in the Sensi Seed breeding rooms (Cannabis Castle) with royally bred Sensi strains. It's basically the same exact thing as Jack Herer, but with one difference. Arjan had some reputed misunderstandings with Sensi Seeds, and took the strain with him, accidentally leaving behind his notes (woops!).
    The key difference is that Neville donated his special pure isolated "Haze" strain to the SuperSilverHaze which made it slightly better than Sensi's version. Neville went on to screw Arjan in much the same way Arjan screwed over Sensi. -Tobes

I bought Super Silver Haze cannabis seeds cannabis seeds in Amsterdam directly from Greenhouse. Out of everything available in Amsterdam (including all kinds of hash), I smoked Super Silver Haze cannabis seeds about 40% of he time because it was the nicest tasting smoke in Amsterdam. Most Amsterdam smoke has little taste in my opinion. But the Super Silver Haze cannabis seeds from Greenhouse had a spicy taste, that everyone I shared it with commented on.

Most of the plants I grew with seeds bought in November are about 45" tall, but I bend then over almost in half so they are only about 26" high not including the rockwool. I get lots of various size buds that are pointy on top when fully mature, with a long top branch of buds about a 18? long that you could call a spread-out cola. One plant I pruned in veg. Toped at the 4th node than again a week later.
    It created 4 main colas with only 4 or 5 side branches.. It is just about ready. It will be less than 30? mature (not bent at all) and very compact not as wide) compared to the other Super Silver Haze cannabis seedss (and much easier to manage). For SOG, you would need to be a master at controlling the growth patterns. But if you know how, you could get (4) four cola Super Silver Haze cannabis seedss per Sq. foot, or at least 3 that could yield at least 22 grams of dry manicured bud.
    I have not had pure Haze so I can?t comment on the existence of the Haze component. It is supposed to be crossed with Nevil?s Haze, one of the world best Sativas.
    The high is complex, slightly up. I need to study it more but it is up there with the best, but not the strongest, per say. But most people will like this strain. Every one likes different things. This is not MY very favorite.
    I can tell you it was a relative bitch to manicure compared to Great White Shark and Mantanuska Tundra and other strains that have more compact buds before curing. It manicured like White Widow, the buds were fully formed after 7.5 weeks like WW would be after 10 weeks. You have to go in deep with cutting shears and get out a lot of little leaves that are best removed. It takes time. I?ll always grow Super Silver Haze cannabis seeds, but probably one plant every other grow. I?ll keep a mother of the best and continue my search for the plant of my dreams. ? Ananda

(To breed SSH you need to start with a) NL5 Male . Haze female. The main trait(s) you are trying to obtain from the Northern Lights #5 is the short height and, if possible, the trichome gland production. The only characteristics you seek from the Haze are the high and flavour. Once you have a stable version of those two, cross a NL#5 . Haze male with a Super Skunk female, thus making it "Super". The main reason Greenhouse Seed Co. created SSH was because a little while back quite a few people were upset with the consistency and potency of the NL#5.Haze. So the Greenhouse breeders crossed it with a Super Skunk to give it more stability and up the ante on potency. Plus, I'm sure they needed something "new" to enter in the Cup.
    The difference between Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze cannabis seeds is the NL#5 is the male in the original cross of SSH, while Haze is the male in Jack's original cross. From what I can recall reading Jack has a tendency to show a bit of favoritism towards it's tall, lanky Haze father. The SSH leans more towards an Indica growth pattern due to the NL#5 daddy. ?Geronimo

I just harvested the second SSH female. and am impressed it has a strong SK#1 taste and stone, lots of resin .sticky as g13 ....and good yielder mine went 70-80 days. ?la.bud

If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

easygrow (19-08-10)

Thanks

and so......history is rewritten.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

BudMan (15-08-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    it would be considered a quick finishing pheno,most quicker finishing strains are around the 8 week mark.my brother in law and nephew used to grow a northern lights [from clone] that finished in 6 weeks and was a good producer ,they kept the mum going for nearly 25 years.
    ssh ,10/12 weeks.
    So what your saying is it mainly luck if you get an 6 week pheno?

I take it that would be mainly indy dom plants that could finish in 6 weeks?

Thats some time to keep the mother for

Must have been nice smoke..having said that you cant really go wrong with the lights

Thanks

some strains will throw up a quick finisher more than others,some seedbanks even sell them as a different more desirable seed ,example is double fun seeds ,you can buy double fun fast for an extra 5 euros.
    that was not the same mum,but a clone of a clone of a .....you get the idea.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

SJD (15-08-10)