Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I need help

Thanks

Hi Guys

bit of a hijack with a quick question.......

Roach you say to put pump on timer 15 mins per hour or 2 hours. I am just completing my 4th grow in nft and have kept the pump running 24 / 7 is this wrong? none of my grows have been perfect and wondered if this makes a diference as i thought pumps running 24/7 would keep more oxygen in the water and the roots also get air from the sides of rock blocks that are not in the water

As always thanks for any advice

peace

DB

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

no mate its not wrong at all lol (me and icon have had wars over this very subject psml) they are meant to be run 24/7 but....and its a big but....nft's "sometimes" dont give enough oxygen to the roots if ran 24/7 so many nft growers run the pump 15mins/1hr or 20mins/2hrs etc so that the roots get a chance to breathe a bit

if you have a maxi jet pump (they usually come with the nfts) then theres a small "airpipe" thing that can be adjusted to oxygenate the water coming out of the pump - air stones in the res can help but that only would apply when you roots got down into the res.

cock

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,739 Times

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    EC refers to the electrical conductivity of the EC of our hydro reservoir pinky..xx
    I know what one is lol. Read it again I laughed at him saying "what's ec" but thanks anyway lol x
    GFORCE - if your worried about what your mates gonna say you could glue the leaves back on and spray it green lol.
    COCKROACH - *holds collar in memory*
    "Some people call a spade a spade... I call a c**t a c**t"

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_tiger View Post
    I know what one is lol. Read it again I laughed at him saying "what's ec" but thanks anyway lol x
    ah ok..sorry pinky

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

You should know what EC is if your growing using hydroponics because it can have effects on the plants. Do you have a better camera than the one your using because they look mighty dark to me. However I'm blind as a bat ...... Not!!

pH should be around the 5.5 mark and EC Electro conductivity measures the amount of nutrients in the res (tank). I would highly recommend you go out and purchase yourself an EC and pH pen ASAP because your plants will suffer and your yileds will deminish from not having them.

Ryanlee Guest

thanks everyone for all your advise as im new to hydro!!
    I'll take some more photos and post them for you all to look at .
    could the fact that i havent covered the roots properly be the cause of why my plants are not maturing? they still have thick white hairs and theres hundreds of buds all over the plants but they dont seem to be fattening up aprt from two of them and they smell a bit like lemons!!
    Cheers guys

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

sometimes plants seem to stunt in flower - but most explode in the last few weeks
    how long on are they?

cock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2