Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X Stream propagator

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Question X Stream propagator

Tonight I won an auction on fleabay for a 12 place x stream aero propagator. Paid £45 for it including delivery.

I did some research on it before hand by searching on google and read that other people on forums like this change the nozzle to a more misty type as the standard one is more like a garden sprinkler. Others say leave the standard one on.

If any users on here have one could you give me some advice on what to do with it in terms of nozzle. Also should I use mesh baskets or the neoprene discs to hold them?

What results do you get with it. How long do you get your results and do you have any tips/tricks you do to adjust it. If you don't reccomend this item I guess I'll just forget about unwrapping it and resell it to save me wrapping it.

Thanks

I use the one that came with the propagator which is the standard type and always get good root formation.And if you are using Rockwool or jiffy's as your medium then these would go into the net pots as for neoprene discs you only need to use these for cuttings.I have a twelve site model and I don't always use all twelve so I place neoprene discs into net pots and then place them into any vacant holes that I may have in the correx sheet.Doing this blocks light from entering the Res which is a good thing.A word of warning if you are using jiffy's is not to soak them in your Res solution as small fibres come away and tend to cause blockages in the sprinkler.
    Happy Growing.........
    "A proud member of the Northern branch of the Tesco Shopping Trolley Crew"..........

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WD40 For This Useful Post:

Denzil (11-08-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

I have exactly the same one as you now own and I have never changed the sprinkler from the end even though I have multiple misting ends here. I have found it works just aswell as the sprinkler jet that comes with it. However each to there own and whatever you decide will work. I have cloned using some pretty weird methods and always get results. It depends on the person cloning really because if you don't know what your doing then your already failing from the start. Just make sure you check them on a daily basis and you'll be just fine as it is.

Thanks

Well the item arrived in the post this morning so I immediatly ripped it open to have a look. A lot bigger than I expected it to be. I'm pretty stuck right now as it came without any instructions. How so you go about settig the sprinkler up underneath the the clone holders. I don't know if it is water proof or not. It's a pretty long thing. Also how much water goes in the res. I just wanna be careful so I don't break anything in case I wanna return it as it looks like it suffered a bit of neglect in the post

Thanks

Place the pump sprinkler in the middle of the propagator and place the correx sheet on top making sure that the sheet does not come into contact with the sprinkler head.Mine did come into contact with the head when I set it up so I had to shorten the plastic sprinkler tube for it to fit.You will need to fill the Res as high as you can get it,I usually fill it up to the half way point on the erect sprinkler tube doing this helps in controlling the PH as the more solution you have the easier it is to manage.Place your net pots into the given correx holes and turn the sprinkler on and look into each net pot making sure that all of them are catching the sprinkler solution when it is in motion.
    You can adjust the speed of the sprinkler head with the small dial for either fast or slow action which is a personal preference and I have my sprinkler on 24/7.
    Place an air ring or something similar into the propagator and Bob's your Uncle,you are up and running.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WD40 For This Useful Post:

Denzil (14-08-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
    Place the pump sprinkler in the middle of the propagator and place the correx sheet on top making sure that the sheet does not come into contact with the sprinkler head.Mine did come into contact with the head when I set it up so I had to shorten the plastic sprinkler tube for it to fit.You will need to fill the Res as high as you can get it,I usually fill it up to the half way point on the erect sprinkler tube doing this helps in controlling the PH as the more solution you have the easier it is to manage.Place your net pots into the given correx holes and turn the sprinkler on and look into each net pot making sure that all of them are catching the sprinkler solution when it is in motion.
    You can adjust the speed of the sprinkler head with the small dial for either fast or slow action which is a personal preference and I have my sprinkler on 24/7.
    Place an air ring or something similar into the propagator and Bob's your Uncle,you are up and running.
    Very helpful!!

I tried the sprinkler just to see I it worke and it sounded very sqeaky and didn't move very freely, I wonder if it is broken. Does the sprinkler suck in the water then? I'll try it when I get home from work

Thanks

Yep thats it it's very easy to assemble. Just submerge the pump and attach the sprinkler. Also you MUST use a timer on the sprinkler and have it sprinkle once or twice a day at most. If your cloning then this is a must do thing. All you want is a slightly damp rockwool cube or your clones will take so long because continous spraying will prevent root growth because of drenched rockwool cubes or whatever your using. I have mine spraying twice a day for 5 minutes that way the clones are not soaked.

Thanks

I would of just used the neoprene collars and have them dangling over the sprinkler instead of using a medium. U say just have he sprinkler on for 5 mins 2 times a day..... How long did yours take to root?

Thanks

When I had it running continues it took in the region of 17 - 20 days to root, however once I changed it to 5 minutes twice daily they took around 6 - 10 days which is a big difference when your waiting on clones for your next grow

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

BULLET (14-08-10)

Thanks

Very true. But partially why I bought the prop was to finish knobbing about with rooting mediums like rock wool. I got some tomatoe plants outdoors so I'll cut a few and try them out with the collars, then your way

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast