Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is my plant dying? under fed ?

Thanks

Default Is my plant dying? under fed ?

Does anyone know what is wrong with my plants? In the past week they have turned dry leaves with yellow spots. Does not look happy and healthy at all. Also, its getting eaten alive by flies but thats not what is causing the look of death!

Is it under fed? Last week i added chicken pellets to the soil, maybe its over fertilised?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8150733..jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	20174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17aug..jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	20175  

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

how long has these plants been in the soil? is it a auto? the time is about now when they start to show pistils..keep looking to see what is eating your leaves..may be caterpillars and flies.it doesn't look too bad apart from the bites,..

Looking for New Pastures

3. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

tyronegirl (19-08-10)

Thanks

they are now 7 weeks old. They have been in the soil now for 2.5 weeks and have grown brilliantly since. the problem is not the soil although I haven't fed them anything except chicken pellets as soil fertilser. the plants have only looked ill since i used that. do you think i should remove the pellets? maybe the plants were getting enough nutrients from the soil already?

well i bought miracle grow but i'm reluctant to use it incase i killl my plants all together! what do u think?

PG Guest

I think you should remove the pellets. Slow release ferts should really be mixed in to the soil at the start of the season, by placing them on the surface of the soil, they'll be breaking down too fast during rainfall and watering and this will over fert your plants. I wouldn't add Miracle grow either, the last thing that plant needs is more feeding, leave it alone for a while and see how it does in just the native soil.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PG For This Useful Post:

tyronegirl (19-08-10)

Thanks

is my planting dying? its just been feckin chopped down by my gardener!! Is it possible for me to litterally stick it back together??

if not, can I smoke the leaves ;-)

oh man, devastated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tyronegirl View Post
    is my planting dying? its just been feckin chopped down by my gardener!! Is it possible for me to litterally stick it back together??

if not, can I smoke the leaves ;-)

oh man, devastated.
    You're kidding right?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,250 Times

hi tyronegirl it's spidermites ..sorry to hear of your misfortune i replied as now you know what spidermite damage looks like for future reference.all the best
    grow mango haze.and save a fortune on nutrients.

PG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bud_alzir View Post
    hi tyronegirl it's spidermites ..sorry to hear of your misfortune i replied as now you know what spidermite damage looks like for future reference.all the best
    Spider mite don't make holes in the leaves mate.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,250 Times

hi percy grower if they don't make holes then how do they feed on the plant? i think that if they are on small growing leaves then has the leaf grows so does the hole bit like you writing your name on a balloon then blowing it up your name is now much larger? wether it's fact i don't know but it's what i am thinking and i will put a hole in a new leaf and see what happens as it grows and see if it gets larger as the leaf grows.all the best

PG Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bud_alzir View Post
    hi percy grower if they don't make holes then how do they feed on the plant? i think that if they are on small growing leaves then has the leaf grows so does the hole bit like you writing your name on a balloon then blowing it up your name is now much larger? wether it's fact i don't know but it's what i am thinking and i will put a hole in a new leaf and see what happens as it grows and see if it gets larger as the leaf grows.all the best
    Hi

Unfortunatly I'm pretty good at identifiying spider mite, I've had them plenty of times, that's what comes from growing indoors and out at the same time. They eat away the flesh from the underside of the leaf and leave lighter coloured dots on the surface of the leaf, but they do not make holes.

These pics show spider mite infestation at quite an advanced stage.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PG For This Useful Post:

wigster (03-09-10)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast