Thread: activated carbon

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Default activated carbon

I am in need of getting another carbon filter as my 100mm one seems to have stopped soaking up the smell.I am thinking about just getting some activated carbon and just refilling the filter.I am hoping there is some part of the filter that just screws off but knowing my luck there won't be.I will be using the washing machine vibrations to shake the carbon in place.
    Has anyone refilled their carbon filter or just said bugger it I will just replace it?

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

Ive seen a thread either on this site or another growing site, and they were discussing this, the guy who did this opend his cf with a tin opener or somthing similar and refilled his filter.

Thanks

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...topped-working Dj's seccond post in this thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mc Mellow For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (26-08-10)

Thanks

I just found this on a website
    Can my Filter be refilled?

Technically the filter can be re-filled, but it is not a good idea to self-fill the filters at all, the reason for this is that Can-Filters uses an industrial shaker with timed intervals and a dust extraction system, to ensure a packed carbon bed .This eliminates the possibility of preferred air channels through the filter, because as we all know, air does not wait in line to go through a filter it finds the path of least resistance and crowds in. So if you tried packing the filter yourself, as soon as you got it as full as you think you could get it, attached a fan and turned it on, the fan would vibrate the carbon, and over time the carbon would settle and you would be left with air gaps all over the place presenting the air with channels to flow through the filter and possibly leave untreated."

Thanks

Its worth a shot, if it works it works and if it doesnt lol well you going to have to get a new 1 good luck nogood

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mc Mellow For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (26-08-10)

PG Guest

I wouldn't bother tbh, most carbon filters are riveted so you'll need to drill those out to get the thing open, then add the cost of the carbon to your time, it's not worth it. A new filter will cost in the region of £25 to £50 depending on the quality, to put it in to perspective if you wasn't growing that would be the cost of an eighth or a quarter.
    Last edited by PG; 26-08-10 at 12:56 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PG For This Useful Post:

M_C (26-08-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Grower View Post
    I wouldn't bother tbh, most carbon filters are riveted so you'll need to drill those out to get the thing open, then add the cost of the carbon to your time, it's not worth it. A new filter will cost in the region of £25 to £50 depending on the quality, to put in to perspective if you wasn't growing that would be the cost of an eighth or a quarter.
    ok..just a thought..its pretty expensive stuff anyway is activated carbon ..its only £28 for a new 4 inch filter so may as well get that..thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Grower View Post
    to put it in to perspective if you wasn't growing that would be the cost of an eighth or a quarter.

Nicely put
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

sir-smokes-alot Guest

you can buy active carbon sheets for a cooker or fish filter there all the same.