Thread: Re-using soil????

Thanks

Default Re-using soil????

wonder is someone can help, although not sure if this should go here or the novice section....

I recently scrapped a cuttings grow, starting fresh with seed

I have 100 litres of canna soil (still all damp) in bin bags, they have had a nute mix of 4ml canna start and 2ml canna vega per litre of tap water in them....

I am now in the proccess of germinating bb blue cheese seeds in jiffies, in propergater... I will then put jiffy pellets in 3 litre pots, probably in around 5 days time - or should I wait longer?

Can I reuse the canna soil I have? And can I store the rest of it until Im ready for my 11 litre pots?

I dont drive and its a completely stealth/ tell no mates grow... 2 bags of soil would only cost £25, but if I ordered online Id have to pay the same in delivery... so desperately trying to avoid that as ive cleaned myself out setting up!

Any comments?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigs For This Useful Post:

bushdriver (13-09-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

I reuse soil from the males as the often only in it for a week from switching, i remove roots and use it for seedlings or if i desperate for whatever but i would add nutes as well then. If the cuttings werent rooted and taking nutes the soil might need flushing for new uns.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

bigs (06-09-10)

Thanks

thanks. So whats the easiest way to flush soil? Just run water through it then leave under hps to dry?

Thanks

heres what i do.... let soil dry out then add worm casts, and a bit of fresh coco or compost or both and your good to go... or add amendments and let it cook for a bit... some amendments fertility can carry on to the next cycle... i use bat gauno as top dressing in flower and it hangs about...... also types of stone meal can hang around for many years...... to be fair i dont reuse all my soil as a lot of it is stuck to the old root mass i throw out, occasionallyy when i cant shift the soil i go 50/50 old to new stuff.... But and a big but if you feed your plants when you water u may have residual salt build up...... to re use your soil you need to rigorize a true organic program, dont feed the plant feed the soil....... molasses is the biggie....
    .. a tipple made it topple and
    a nipple put a stop to all.