Thread: What size carbon filter?

Thanks

Talking What size carbon filter?

ok hello fellow growers, i am starting another grow soon with a 600w hps light and am going to put 5 plants under it, not sure wether to go with autoflowering or not yet but ok, so 5 plants how can i judge what size carbon filter i will need for the smell 5 plants auto or not will produce? thanks alot for the help

Thanks

the carbon filter size isn determined by the number of plants its determined by the fan size which is worked out from the wattage of lamps or the size of the grow room, normally for a 600w hid lamp the best option would be a 6" extractor fan and carbon filter, you use bigger filters and have reducers but you cant have smaller filters or the fan wont draw air properly.
    you probably want a 4" intake fan also to supply fresh air

Similar Threads

1. carbon filter size?
    By pest1 in forum Ventilation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-11, 09:16 PM
  2. what size carbon filter/fan
    By Furious in forum Stealth And Small Grows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-01-11, 07:09 AM
  3. size of carbon filter
    By yaaman in forum General Stoners Discussion