Thread: Pc fans ???

Thanks

Default Pc fans ???

Ok guys i got me self a pc fan wired it to a phone charger works ......
    get to reading some post on here and some of you wire them to laptop chargers for more speed so i try it dont work any one know how to wire a pc fan to laptop charger

Thanks

Well the obvious would be to make sure you got your wires the right way round.

Thanks

well on the fan u have a red wire and a black wire. on the phone charger you have a red wire and a black wire, On a laptop charger theres only one big fat wire so i just tryed rapping the black and red wire around it butt nothink

Thanks

Ok guys i done it heres how in case any 1 els had the same problem................. on the laptop charger theres an in wire and like and outer wire in between the plastic one gos to black and one gos to red

Boy thats one powerfull fan know i mite add

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy For This Useful Post:

gaja (09-11-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,289 Times

are you sure its safe?

I got one laying around somewhere but was planing on using my phone charger as it doesn't work to my phone anymore anyways, need to recharge the phone through the laptop, its a SE G502 and sucks lol
    Marijuana documentary's: Documentary's

Feel free to press the -Thanks- button to the lower left if I have been of help! : )

Thanks

Yeah its safe if you do it properly any think gos wrong the fuse should just blow the power u get out of the fan with a laptop charger is unreal very powerfull with a phone charger lets just say i could blow harder lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,289 Times

Quote Originally Posted by matty389 View Post
    Yeah its safe if you do it properly any think gos wrong the fuse should just blow the power u get out of the fan with a laptop charger is unreal very powerfull with a phone charger lets just say i could blow harder lol
    Well this is for my stealthbox and its pretty small so they don't need to have alot of power but its good to know, cheers dude!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Don't be too suprised if your fan fails, most laptop chargers are 19v & that is far to much voltage to be throwing at 12v fans
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

as mystery says,you dont want to be putting more voltage threw,or your fans will fail,just use a 12v multi adapter then you also have a fan speed controller with turning up or down the volts.