Thread: nOOb with a few basic questons

oxy Guest

Default nOOb with a few basic questons

I hi guys, planning my first ''project'' and currently looking at lighting, ive read that the curly bulbs will do the trick but i want to double check that. My intention is to go 12/12 from seed and ive seen 2700k is needed for flowering, ive done my research and its seem these bulbs fit the bill, id be using 2 of them, they are 23w each ( equal to 2 x 60w per bulb but i understand this doesn't count?) So am i in the right ball park here with the 2700k thing or am i missing something?

I did have other questions but they have slipped my mind for now, im sure more will follow!

Thanks guys any help or guidance here is much appreciated.

Thanks

Yes you are right about the 2700k for flowering but to be honest 2X23W aint gonna do much. Is there a reason you are specifically aiming for CFL's (curly bulbs)?

Post up some more info on your grow and you will be able to get a better answer.

Have a look at the link below, you will see a few bulb options which should do for a small grow.

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/...Lamps-1272.asp

oxy Guest

Well i got some Advanced seeds Early widow(feminised, which i thought was a good thing, but the more im reading im growing more and more concerned about it going hermie), just one plant. Grow space is a decent size, about 150 x 100 x 100 height. As i said the intention is/was to go 12/12 from seed, in soil and maybe even stick a screen over it once ive done a bit more research. Ive actually already got those bulbs laying around anyway, can they be used for anything at any stage?

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    Ive actually already got those bulbs laying around anyway, can they be used for anything at any stage?
    Yeah sure, use them now while you are waiting for a decent size CFL. Don't waste time with smaller bulbs, the more light the better for your plant.

oxy Guest

okay ill do that. Spoke to a mate who works with lighting, hes going to sort me out with a 400w, ballast and what not. Let me ask this tho, Whats the results of growing with not enough wattage?
    I mean if i hadn't asked originally and just tried with the 2x23w what would happen? would it grow and just be poor? or just not at all?

Thanks

okay ill do that. Spoke to a mate who works with lighting, hes going to sort me out with a 400w, ballast and what not. Let me ask this tho, Whats the results of growing with not enough wattage?
    I mean if i hadn't asked originally and just tried with the 2x23w what would happen? would it grow and just be poor? or just not at all?
    under 2 x 23 watts be lucky if you would get 1 joint of it ..if any at all....400 watt should be able to do 3 or 4 plants

oxy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by relto View Post
    under 2 x 23 watts be lucky if you would get 1 joint of it ..
    HAHA Really!? Glad I asked lol,would be a bit of a bummer after 12 weeks of work!

Thanks

HAHA Really!? Glad I asked lol,would be a bit of a bummer after 12 weeks of work!
    yup get that 400baby out n show em whos boss mate them cfl if ya got em still ya could still stick em in round back and sides xtra lumens help!
    simples!!

oxy Guest

Question

Is there a general minimum amount of lumens required? Dont think ive read that any where.