Thread: God Damn Wind!!

Thanks

Unhappy God Damn Wind!!

Came home today to find my plastic grow house has shifted a foot or 2 in the gales that are going on at the mo. Thought it was weighed down enough but obviosly not. Anyway, i have been training a few branches tying up to the frame of the greenhouse and in the shift one of these has snapped at the join of the trunk. Ive done my best to tape it up and back together but have gone out to check on it after a couple of hours and it has properly wilted. Do we think this is the end of the branch or is there anyway of a recovery? Really annoyed as this branch was looking really good with bud sites all along it. Any thoughts or advice?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to widower For This Useful Post:

leafy (17-09-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

i feel for ya mate!
    could you not use that branch for cutting's an count your losses?or try to root the full thing as a seperate plant?

Thanks

you could root it but itd have to be done indoors. they will wilt make but if its taped up properly she should be fine as long as it didn't snap off completely? monkey

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monkey_1 For This Useful Post:

widower (14-09-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,250 Times

hi widower have you got a pic so this has happened today?.get a good join to join(cable tie's are ok) and it should heal no probs imo but pic would help.all the best
    grow mango haze.and save a fortune on nutrients.

Thanks

Na didnt snap completly but was pretty broken. Will have a look at it again tomorrow and see if I can tap it any better. Just have to see what happens I guess. Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,613 Times

So did the branch live?? pmsl u shouldve sprayed it with water aswell as join it. Feed her water threw leaves to keep her alive long enougth to heal. leafy

ps.. i am sorry it happened it first place. Not a lot is truely safe in real bad wind, my greenhouse doors have been getting blown off!
    Last edited by leafy; 17-09-10 at 07:37 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leafy For This Useful Post:

widower (18-09-10)

Thanks

Hadnt thought to spray with water, you live and learn I guess. To be honest the branch was hanging from a thread and dispite my efforts didnt look like it would ever recover so I have chopped it off. Hoping it is for the best as now ive been able to rotate the pot so that all 'heads' are in what sun light there is. Ive also repositioned the greenhouse and pegged/weighed it down much better so hopefully it wont be shifting again. Fed them today and promised myself I wont check on them before Wed as I'm looking in on them bout 3 times a day at the mo! Want to see some proper bud development in the next 5 days! Fingers crossed. Been meaning to get some pics up but having trouble uploading them. Files are prob to big I'm thinking?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to widower For This Useful Post:

leafy (22-09-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,613 Times

Just upload one at a time it should work, or resize em (says leafy who couldnt resize shit). Prob done best thing taking branch off it it was dead. And its suprising how a plant will just concentrate growth elsewere. Try get some pics up all the best leafy