Thread: pc fans.

Thanks

Thumbs up pc fans.

Hi can someone clear things up for me. Im going to be using pc fans for my next project and one thing im not sure about is how to fix them to my box.
    Obviously i put the intake fan so its blowing air in to the box and this goes at the bottom of box, and for the outtake do i just put it so the fan is blowing out of the box? And am i correct in saying it goes at the top of the box as heat rises?and do i need to attach the ducting hose to the outtake fan?

Sorry if my questions are a bit stupid but i want to make sure i have things perfect befor i start my new project
    Thanks

Ss....

Thanks

Also what size fans should i use?? Was thinking about using 4x70mm

Thanks

Intake at the bottom, extraction at the top. Most seem to prefer the 120mm fans, i'm running two 80mm fans for extraction, they blow through a wall plate that i've attached to the back of my cab, this has a spigot attached and holds my ducting. The reason I did this is to block the light, there is a CF at the end of the ducting to catch the smell which is my biggest problem. The ducting is not necessary but you will need something to cover the holes so as to block light but thats easily solved, just make sure you allow the fan to breathe. For intake you can do it passively by drilling a few holes, you will need to tackle light leaks. I'm adding a couple of 40mm fans to aid intake as I cant get my temps below 31.
    Last edited by stormdrum; 22-09-10 at 10:49 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stormdrum For This Useful Post:

surrey smoker (22-09-10)