Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: white spots/looks like dust or salts

Thanks

Default white spots/looks like dust or salts

lemon skunk/6 weeks into flowering
    i have noticed in the last few days some leaves *(not many)
    have a white type residue almost looks like salts but also like white spots

my question is what is causing this
    is it spider mites ?

i have noticed a couple of really small things under the leaves moving/and still
    maybe 2 on each ....of the affected leaves....but not seen any webs or anything anywhere
    also on the underside of the leave along the main vein type part of the leave there is a few
    white crustations i am about to insepct with a microscope so i will report back once ive looked in detail

here is a pick

2. The Following User Says Thank You to calyx For This Useful Post:

chalkie (23-03-11)

Thanks

mate, you got any pics in focus? It's really hard to see what's going on there..

Anyone who says nothing is impossible clearly has never tried to slam a revolving door..

Thanks

will do just sorting it now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asci View Post
    mate, you got any pics in focus? It's really hard to see what's going on there..
    ive tried looking wiht a microscope to see if the white bits on the underside where eggs or bugs
    as i thought i saw something move...but its prooving hard try too look through a leaf at whats stuck to it....but ill presist

any help though welcomed

cheers

Thanks

That one on the right looks like some sort of infestation as it looks like some of it fell off. Does the white stuff wipe off with your fingers?

Edit:

Actually, I reckon it's powder mold. Not something I've had but I've heard lots about it. Neem oil is supposed to be good for this.. Make sure you get decent temps with low humidity and loads of air circulation..
    Last edited by asci; 27-09-10 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks

I've also got this on my plant its 2 weeks in flower now and seems to be doing o.k, would like to know what it is though.

Thanks

As long as there are no bugs about it def sounds like powder mold. The only other option is from the feed but this is unlikely unless you splashed the leaves badly (this usually causes burn too which you don't have)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

i think asci's right it looks like mildew/mold(tomato plants get it as well,thats where i've seen it)

Thanks

cool ive been told by someone else this is spider mite...would explain me seeing something small moving (but almost too small to see)..
    anyway guys nice one...i did use some neem oil ....also one of those smoke bombs..to clear bugs off...only prob is this new neem oil aint like the old gear
    but still least it dont stink so much (prob best as i dont want to mess the taste up)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dernutz View Post
    I've also got this on my plant its 2 weeks in flower now and seems to be doing o.k, would like to know what it is though.

just to let you know....the smoke bomb,..and neem oil seems to have worked well .... no more leave's have gone the same way since ....things are looking good each day
    "maybe" worth you trying the same thing quick before the mites take over badly (if you have them).....you'll have the advantage of being able to put "more" neem oil on than i did too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast