Thread: diy growtent advice needed, lights, fans etc

Thanks

Thumbs up diy growtent advice needed, lights, fans etc

a few questions please, just built a growroom size 8ft length, 4ft width and 6 ft high, built from 2x2 wood and covered in total blackout sheeting, 1) would i need 2 or 3 600w lights ?. 2) would 4" intake and 6" outake be ok ?, 3) should i cover the inside of the tent in foil thermal wrap or will the outercover of total blackout be ok or will it be hot enough in there with the lights so may not need it ? 4) what size carbon filter should i use ?. for all replys and help thanks in advance from a first timer.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,125 Times

depends how many plants you want to grow mate.?
    more lights makes more heat.. so youll need bigger extraction!
    foil is usless! you need the mylar sheeting

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChronMan For This Useful Post:

vke (29-09-10)

Thanks

i was gonna try 4 bubblers, and was told that the thermal wrap foil insulation stuff was ok, others have used it on the forums, but i thought just leaving the sheeting would be ok to reflect the lights off it but am not really sure cos have not grown before, would the silver reflectin stuff be necessary, thanks

Thanks

if its black n white with white side in your ok, lights seem too much for the plastic material especially as they get nearer the ceiling, the light will be visable outside the black n white material, i did the same mate and i learnt...check out the double sided foil coated bubble insulation again, its the dogs nutz..

Thanks

the sheeting i have is total blackout, i think its 2 outer layers of white with a sheet of black between them, if i layered the inside with the double sided foil would this not keep the room too hot with the 3 lights on, ps the double sided thermal wrap insulation foil is on special offer in b&q and homebase about £10 for the 7.5m roll.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

2 x 600's would be better for 4ft x 8ft mate. A 600 watt hps covers 4ft square perfectly.

And if you are only using 2 x 600's your gonna need more extraction than a 6" !! My 6" extraction just about copes with 1 x 600 lol. The heat they give of is tremendous!!

I would deffo oversize the fan, can always slow the fan down to raise the temps rather than suffer with high heats and not being able to do anything about it as the fans not coping at full power, plus a larger fan run at a slower speed is always quieter than a smaller one at full pelt Then again winters nearly here, you'd probably be ok untill next summer!

BM

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

vke (29-09-10)

Thanks

fuckin shit stuff that, try ebay and look at getting aroung 60sq mtr for around £90 of heavy duty double sided foil bubble loft insulation, use it inside or outside it dont matter, it wont get hotter in there because of it, ere's a link to some..
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/60-SQM-DOUBLE-...item3cb0e5f294

Thanks

yes thanks for that link, that is the same stuff them robbers in the diy shops sell

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vke For This Useful Post:

BUD MIESTER (29-09-10)

Thanks

ok extraction needs....

here is a calculator

LINK LINK LINK

its not JUST the size but what kinda things you have that produce heat...
    it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and none to sit there with a dumb look on your face

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tosh For This Useful Post:

BUD MIESTER (29-09-10)