Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: avoiding detection

Thanks

Unhappy avoiding detection

hi guys,

ive managed to get hold of quite a lot of equipment from a former warehouse grow that went sour

ive just moved into a 3 bed semi in a good area of town - im planing on making a grow room in the attic......

i know the pig choper flys around every now an then, i was just wondering the best way of avoiding the infared or whatever it is that they use...

a friend of mine was using the adf at the time he was caught but wether that was due to the chopper or he was just grassd up who knows

Thanks

Heat insulation is your best bet I reckon. End of the day, I doubt they can differentiate between a boiler, an oven, a reasonable size grow room etc.. Just don't overdo it and it shouldn't stand out like a sore thumb.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Heat insulation is your best bet I reckon. End of the day, I doubt they can differentiate between a boiler, an oven, a reasonable size grow room etc.. Just don't overdo it and it shouldn't stand out like a sore thumb.
    Ditto, I think a lot of the fear of choppers comes from older US based grow guides, same for being caught by power use, these things just are not a factor if you live in an urban area now, a couple of HID lights isn't gonna stand out that much in a busy area,

Just make sure you haven't got ANY chinks of light coming out the roof, dead give away

UK choppers DO have thermal cameras, but they don't really use them for random look see's, they frankly can't afford it, every minute in the air costs a bomb and they need to justify it, horrendous police redtape works in our favour
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

Thanks

I'm also thinking this, i have one 600w HPS and would really like two but am concerned about power usage.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    I'm also thinking this, i have one 600w HPS and would really like two but am concerned about power usage.
    1200watts, easy to pass of as a heater, or two pc's

Thanks

Keeping your mouth shut is the best way of avoiding detection, can't say I've heard of any busts due to random chopper passing over.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    Keeping your mouth shut is the best way of avoiding detection, can't say I've heard of any busts due to random chopper passing over.
    hear hear

that is the truth! But as stated by others, insulation is your BEST bet. you can also buy a certain type of reflector sheet that will bounce back the choppers ray gun.
    Join or Die

Thanks

Lol @ Ray Gun!

Thanks

If you are making a grow tent within the loft, use a double skin of mylar and you'll get NO heat at all being leaked from the actual structure. I've felt mine in winter and nothing, not even a slight defrost on my roof tiles in cold weather too.
    Smoking weed doesn't take my problems away, but it does stop me being arsed about them!

Thanks

yh mate on ebay theres a shop called budbox they sell sheets of these stuff what you cover your room in and no heat can be detected its 20 for the stuff hopw tht helps mate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast