Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What ventilation ?

Thanks

Default What ventilation ?

Hi all I was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice as to what ventilation I should use for my grow room. The size of the room is just over 6ft high, 5ft deep and 8ft wide. It’s an Attic so there is a pitch in the roof. I was looking to grow about 10 plants in it once built. I’ve been looking at 150mm ruck and carbon filter to fit but I’m not too sure what would be best for the size of the room. I’ve seen midnight tokers room but I’m not sure what he used for inflow.

Thanks

If you have a look at Midnight Tokers attic room build then his grow diaries you will have a good idea of what you need

the 150mm ruck and filter is a must, its better to get your room temps. humidity sorted and the plants will be sweet

you can do the best job taking care of yer plants but if yer environment is fucked ( like mine was ) your plants will just fuck up no matter what you do

Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys I am thinking about using 2/3 x 250w Fluro bulbs with reflectors. Do you guys think this will be ok? I would use a hps but even though room will be insulated and i will be using anti detection c3, im a little paranoid about thermal imaging lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys I am thinking about using 2/3 x 250w Fluro bulbs with reflectors. Do you guys think this will be ok? I would use a hps but even though room will be insulated and i will be using anti detection c3, im a little paranoid about thermal imaging lol.
    Is your boiler in the loft too? I'd put money on it that that stands out far more than your grow room will. I doubt they would even think twice unless your entire roof lit up like a fuggen christmas tree with their thermal imaging - but lets face it, i bet loads of houses do in the winter!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post
    The only way the thermal imaging camera will notice anything is if you are kitting out the full underside of the roof with 1000 watters and lets face it 1 600w HPS isn't going to be noticeable at all

Throw a 600w in there under a reflector and you will be fine

The envriolites are good but the buds from the HPS is far better and is what you really want in the end

Thanks

you want to exchange your air 2-3 times a minute so by calculating the voume of your space you can work out how much cfm your fan needs to be.

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Remember the temp in the loft will get upto 30c+ in the summer,even without the light on so you'll need to exchange the air more often and you could do with an active intake to,i'd go with a 200mm/8" ruck for extraction and a 100mm/4" active intake running from a cool bedroom/closet were the air is alot cooler..
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

Thanks

Thanks for all the advice guys I will go with the HPS,my boiler is not in my attic, I was in the attic yesterday and it was warm up there so I think I will use the 8” ruck and filter for extraction and the 4 inch intake from a bedroom cupboard as suggested. Thanks all I will post some pics one the room is ready.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marijuanamat View Post
    Remember the temp in the loft will get upto 30c+ in the summer,even without the light on so you'll need to exchange the air more often and you could do with an active intake to,i'd go with a 200mm/8" ruck for extraction and a 100mm/4" active intake running from a cool bedroom/closet were the air is alot cooler..
    Thanks for the advice what would be the best carbon filter to use with a 200mm, I suppose this is a stupid question probably a 200mm filter.
    Last edited by stanley; 07-05-08 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Toker View Post
    What light/reflector are you planning to use ?, i use a 600w HPS in a cooltube & get excellent results ... 10 plants will be a bit of a push with one light though, particularly with a cooltube.

I'd suggest aim for 6 good females to finish & you'll be doing alright .. 6 well grown females will give you more then enough Bud to keep you going for a good few months ...
    However i currently have 10 fem's under a 600w hps, its not the ideal situation as MT said, but with correct trimming so the light gets under the canopy, and rotate the plants around so they all get the sweet spot for a few days it can be done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast