Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 48hrs seedling cracked but no shoot

Thanks

Cool 48hrs seedling cracked but no shoot

ive put my seed in water 2 days ago,yesterday i noticed it cracked,24hrs l8r,still cracked and still no sign of root,i got the seed from barneys which im told is a good banck,should i keep soaking or put in a jiffy into a propergater then under my cfl 250 blue,any advice please

blurry-vision Guest

I'd just shove it in the jiffy then put it in a propagator if you have one if not I recommend you buy one, a heated one too, you can get one for about 12 quid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

marcus (04-10-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blurry-vision View Post
    I'd just shove it in the jiffy then put it in a propagator if you have one if not I recommend you buy one, a heated one too, you can get one for about 12 quid.
    thanks,ive just noticed the shoot so should i put in jffy and prop or wait for the seeds root gets a bit bigger and how high above the prop should i put the 250wt blue light??

Quang Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    thanks,ive just noticed the shoot so should i put in jffy and prop or wait for the seeds root gets a bit bigger and how high above the prop should i put the 250wt blue light??
    If the tap root is showing there good to grow , you can wait till it's half an inch or a few centimeters or put it into the jiffy now . Place/put the light roughly six inch from the top of the plant . With CFL you want the light as close as you can get it .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

about a foot away for the first few days till some roots have formed and new leaf growth shows,it is then capable of processing the light and you can move the light closer.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    about a foot away for the first few days till some roots have formed and new leaf growth shows,it is then capable of processing the light and you can move the light closer.
    the guy earlier said with the 250 blue cfl should be a couple of inches above once its showing its leaves and pot it when around 5"

Thanks

when the seedling comes through the soil it does not need a 250w light a couple of inches above it until it has opened up and the leaves can photosynthesise the light.once the plant has some roots and leaf it can cope with the light and transpire water from the leaves .
    lesser wattage lights like 14w or 20w can be put closer ,earlier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

marcus (04-10-10)

Thanks

im getting confused so ive put the light 7" away from the top of propergater,ones afoot above and ones a couple of inches

Thanks

do not stay confused,ask and someone will help un confuse you.
    if the seedlings show any signs of heat stress ,wilting,raise the lights for a day or 2.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

marcus (04-10-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wert View Post
    do not stay confused,ask and someone will help un confuse you.
    if the seedlings show any signs of heat stress ,wilting,raise the lights for a day or 2.
    all your advise has worked for me so i think ill go with your suggesion ,1 thing now its in a prop i can have the light a couple of inches above prop top cant i

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast