Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: whats the best bloom booster out there

Thanks

the ionic boost has strange ratios, mite want to use adv nutes, mite not, suppose if it works this time u'll know,,, i was told by grow shop ionic is basic entry level stuff

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NaMeLeSs2005 For This Useful Post:

djloops (07-03-14), GEORGE (22-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

Ionic is good. Heath Robinson uses it often. 'Nuff said.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

djloops (07-10-11), GEORGE (22-06-17)

Thanks

i use Ionic grow and bloom in hydro so will probably go with Ionic booster just to keep everything the same

is for use all through flowering or just in the latter stages??

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hooter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

most bloom boosters are a con btw... if you want a mineral boost/something new try some good root stimulators early on (hygrozyme for example), and a decent vitamin/mineral additive like Hesi SuperVit or even just Superthrive.
    Other than that I really think the bat guano/molasses thing is best when into heavy buddding.
    GHE Ripen is good too as a final push - really does work. Other than that just a bit of pk13/14 or vitalink buddy if you're using a bubbler/reservoir method since I doubt either the molasses or batshit extract will do any good in that scenario. Seeing as I hand feed my coco pots I can tailor nutes per feed to incorporate these goodies

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (20-10-12), djloops (07-10-10), dragonboizee (16-09-14), GEORGE (22-06-17), Hooter (07-10-10), Smokeface (29-06-14), The-Limey-Digit (11-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djloops View Post
    hey everyone thought it would be good to find out what bloom boosters people have used that really work and make a difference to the yield and bud-mass

theres a lot of products on the market and it would take too long and cost too much to try them all.

so if anyones used one that works well could you post the name of it and the results, it would help a lot of growers out..

thanks in advance,

any way to make this sticky?
    The best bloom booster? Big Bud, hands down.

I found this article to be the most helpful though when it came to making me feel better about my choice. I have to admit. While it doesn’t really matter what brand things are, I’ve found Advanced Nutrients is not only able to help me grow the best weed, but I can also appreciate a company that’s willing to educate growers – not just shove a bunch of products at people and hope they buy everything.

Here’s an article from Rosebud magazine, that I found helpful.

We all want to grow the biggest, most valuable flowers, and that means you’ve probably used bloom boosters. Problem is, there are dozens of hydroponics bloom booster products and their manufacturers all claim that their products will tip the scales to give you the heavies you want. How can you be sure which hydroponics bloom boosters are the right ones for you?

A) Start with the fact that bloom phase can be managed starting about 7 days before you change your lighting to 12 hours on/12 hours off. Here’s how: Maintain your grow phase base nutrients schedule except back it off by about 100 parts per million. Starting seven days before you switch to 12 hour daylength, add a small amount of kelp extract, carbohydrates, phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) into your hydroponics feed program. When you switch to 12 hour daylength, discontinue your grow phase base nutrients, change your base nutrients to bloom base nutrients and continue to feed the early bloom booster materials as well. Continue this feeding for 10-14 days after you change over to 12 hour lighhting. This stores P and K in your hydroponics plants, creates extra budding sites for denser floral development up and down your stems, and gives your buds an earlier start that can result in faster maturation for more harvests per year. After two weeks of early bloom feeding, you will of course continue to use bloom phase base nutrients, but you will switch to a different bloom booster that's engineered specifically for peak bloom phase. You will get more information about this in (C), below...

B) You probably wonder why almost every bloom booster has P and K. It’s because plant science shows that your flowering hydroponics plants produce larger flowers when you give them with extra doses of P and K during bloom phase. But you can't just dump P-K bloom boosters into your crops, because most bloom boosters contain inferior forms of phosphorus and potassium, and/or they contain the wrong ratios of P and K.
    For example, 95% of plant science research is done on crops you don’t grow. When you do research on high value hydroponics crops, you find out that they give you bigger yields when they get a two to one K to P ratio. Old school bloom boosters are based on field crops research and they give you the opposite ratio that your hydroponics plants really need. If you see PK 12/13, you’re seeing an incorrect ratio for your hydroponics plants.
    Most hydroponics bloom base nutrients also provide too much phosphorus and too little potassium in relation to each other. Using inferior base nutrients that already contain too much P, and then adding bloom boosters that are also too heavy in P without enough K, and you'll likely see phosphorus toxicity. Also, the excessive phosphorus can interfere with your hydroponics plants’ ability to intake other essential nutrients.
    Another problem is that excess phosphorus stores in your hydroponics plants and can cause some painful problems for you and your friends when you try to enjoy your flowers. Let’s just say that those problems include coughing your guts out.

C) The other factor for you to consider is that bloom phase lasts several weeks and you’ll see how your hydroponics plants go through several sub-phases during that time. Using one bloom booster for all the weeks of bloom phase doesn’t make a lot of sense, given that your plants’ needs change over time. In each of those sub-phases you can use specialized bloom boosters that cater to your plants’ specific needs.
    In general, it’s one type of booster for early bloom, one for peak bloom, and one that encourages your plants to add a final burst of size, weight and potency onto your flowers in the last 10-14 days before you start flushing. You also want to be adding carbohydrates and taste enhancers during bloom phase, so these products could also be called bloom boosters. When you use a series of bloom booster products that work with each sub-phase you get larger, more tasty flowers with more essential oils and market value.

D) If you’re using the highest quality hydroponics base nutrients designed for bloom phase, you can kind of get by without using bloom boosters, but bloom boosters definitely add weight, potency, taste and quality and they pay for themselves many times over. I don’t use them just for the fun of it. I use them because I can see that they give me more profits per watt, and better quality that I enjoy more.

E) It’s best to get bloom boosters and base nutrients made by the same company so you have matched components and ingredients that combine properly without toxicity or waste. Most hydroponics nutrients companies don’t do research or product development for the high-value hydroponics plants you grow, so look for a systems approach and talk to tech advisors for hydroponics nutrients companies to find out how much they’re paying attention to your needs.

F) If you want to see for yourself what bloom boosters do and don’t do for you, test your flowering plants by feeding only bloom base nutrients to some of them and hydroponics bloom boosters plus those same base bloom nutrients to the others.

This kind of experiment works best if you’re growing clones from the same mother and have kept all other factors constant so the only variable is that some of your hydroponics plants got bloom boosters, and the other ones didn’t. During this experiment, carefully monitor your hydroponics plants during bloom phase and at harvest time. It will become pretty obvious whether or not you want to continue investing in bloom boosters. Most growers have seen the clear evidence that they’re well worth it for increasing your hydroponics floral weight, profitability, taste and aroma.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to motherhugger For This Useful Post:

Catpoison (23-10-12), djloops (07-10-11), dragonboizee (16-09-14), GEORGE (22-06-17), MacFeegle (31-01-15), monkeydog (11-01-15), Smokeface (29-06-14), spoodge (08-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

Basic level or not Ionic does the job It's also PH buffering(handy for us hydro heads).
    I haven't used the Ionic boost yet,but have seen good results with it,I use the following bloom enhancers:
    Bud blood
    Molasses(rapadura sugar)
    Bloombastic(it's the best Ive tried so far)
    Big bud
    Hammerhead
    GHE Ripen(Amazing stuff!)
    and for this grow I'll be trying out overdrive.

I was gonna give rox a try,but after some research I decided to bin any plans on using it!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

djloops (07-10-11), GEORGE (22-06-17), Smokeface (29-06-14)

Thanks

Only ever used Hammerhead and It's really good stuff imo, also as said above GHE ripen is good at the end of flowering too

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shades Of Green For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Quote Originally Posted by no-nav View Post
    again this comes down to preference
    if you want sweeter tastes try topmax & bio-heaven
    if you want bigger buds try pk13/14 & shooting powder
    if you want weight try that shit called rox
    rox is just for commercial use as the buds are shite to smoke but generates so much weight as they become as hard as stones.

this is just a guide to preference when looking for products of similar effects. Remember theres thousands of products that do the same and most people believe when using a new product they get "better" results when frankly it may have just been better common practise.

ive tried loads over the past and found that loads are shit! considering i grow a certain way that suits me best
    dont use rox its absolute dogshit , i got it years ago instead of my normal boost cause the normal 1 got band , we tried it a few times and wr wank . powertops is really good stuff and pk13/14 is quite good aswell , as is canna bio boost .
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Snake Oil is also great so I hear.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

djloops (07-10-11), GEORGE (22-06-17), The-Limey-Digit (11-09-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Quote Originally Posted by djloops View Post
    hey everyone thought it would be good to find out what bloom boosters people have used that really work and make a difference to the yield and bud-mass

theres a lot of products on the market and it would take too long and cost too much to try them all.

so if anyones used one that works well could you post the name of it and the results, it would help a lot of growers out..

thanks in advance,

any way to make this sticky?
    The absolute best bud booster I have used is made by a friend and (sadly) he will not share his secret recipe. One thing I can say about it for sure -- the results correlate perfectly with his 3 Toronto Cannabis Cup wins in the last 5 years. I have used 4-5 other bud boosters as well including the Fox Farms Bloom/Booster combo, and the best of the bunch has been Botanicare Hydroplex with Green House Seed Co. Powder Feeding formula at a close second. If I run out of my friends secret bud booster, I will always choose Botanicare Hydroplex. Very good results on my last 2 harvests. I have been using my friends booster for the last 2 weeks (Week 5 and week 6 flowering cycle) and the results thus far are nothing short of AMAZING!.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Higzy For This Useful Post:

djloops (07-03-14), GEORGE (22-06-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast