Thread: Treating Potassium def?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

Default Treating Potassium def?

I cant get pics up cos my camera lead is a son of a whore!

anyway im 95% sure i have Potassium(k) def.

i fed my two plants 14 days ago with some fruit feed and some epsoms now some of the older under screen leaves are showing clear signs of this.

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

I think pot def is caused by pH lockout cock but not 100% certain..

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

from what ive seen while looking about im supposed to add some potassium? the feed i used has potassium so should i start ph-ing the water too?

Thanks

Thanks

copied from thctalk

Solution to fixing a Potassium deficiency
    Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a potassium deficiency. Again Peters All Purpose plant food 20-20-20, will cure the potassium deficiency , Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food.( Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Some other supplements of potassium are: Wood ashes, which are fast absorption, Kelp Meal, which is medium absorption, Greensand, which is slow absorption, granite dust, which is slow absorption. Sulfate of Potash, Sulfate of Potash Magnesia, Muriate of Potash, which are medium absorption. FOXFARM GROW BIG HYDROPONIC CONCENTRATE, which is fast absorption. (FFGB can bring your ph down as well) Earth Juice Meta-K, which is fast acting. (Can bring down your ph as well) Leaves will never recover, but the plant will show recovery after about 4 to 5 days when using a fast acting nutrient.

Note: Wood Ashes, can make your ph go up a bit, so please monitor your ph when using it.
    Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 3 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 ltr pot and need to flush it, you will need to use 15 ltr's of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients (salt build up).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (23-01-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CockRoach View Post
    from what ive seen while looking about im supposed to add some potassium? the feed i used has potassium so should i start ph-ing the water too?
    how low or high is your pH?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (24-10-10)

Thanks

erm the ph of the tap waters around 6.5/7

ive read that quote too and thats why i asked if i should ph the water before i add the feed to it?

ill have a read of that link

Icon Guest

Some additives are PH neutral ie they do not affect the ph no matter what it is. Others can effect the PH significantly
    You should always add everything and allow to dissolve/mix completely then PH it, then check the ec again to make sure it is still in range.
    always tricky at 1st but comes very quickly with practice.
    The fact is you should always make sure the ec/ph are correct unless you know that it is safe to run at a particularly high/low level at a certain time.

Im sure there must be an exception to this rule(there always bloody is) but i cant think of it.