Thread: can I prune indica?

Thanks

Default can I prune indica?

Can somebody tell me if i can prune indica or just sativa? i think i read somewhere that indicas should not be pruned:/...

Tnx

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

You can prune any plant you wish to but I wouldn't recommend pruning cannabis. If the leaves are in the way of the light then tie the leaves back instead.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

an-sic (09-11-10)

Thanks

i agree with mystery customer, with bending you can achieve the same result as with fiming and topping, but what abut those small branches under? do they really use so much energy?

Thanks

Bit of a touchy subject this pruning business, some swear by it and remove almost all fan leaves, where as most people, as you've seen, would advise against it all together. It really depends on the situation imo.

Grow 2 plants, prune one and not the other and report back

Thanks

hmm yea I think I will experimente, I will prune one and leave the other...and what u think aboute topping indicas?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

pruning is never a good idea unless into flushing - then there can be a case for some heavy pruning - this can apparently induce some "death throes" as it were in the plant and kick in a little bit more production in the last week or so.
    Kinda like the same job that flushers/stressers such as GHE Ripen do.

No point pruning the leaves when in veg or early/mid flower though since it's the leaves that power the plants bud production etc.

Quang Guest

Dont go pulling leaf off , unless it's dead ..
    prune away on indica or sativa in veg , tie them down cut there heads off if you like .
    Topping can be done anytime , breeders will recommend doing this at 4/6 nodes . top gives two smaller buds , or try FIM you can get several .
    taking the lower branches off / all that wont reach the canopy in veg will give you a top heavy plant , with multiple budsites nearer the light .

PG Guest

Cut what you like off during veg (as long as you give the plant time to recover before flipping to 12/12)
    As Quang says, topping / fimming can be done at any time during veg, and gives you a shorter bushier plant, with more bud sites nearer to the light. Just make sure you give the plant at least 2 weeks to recover before flowering.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PG For This Useful Post: