Thread: Afghan Kush Ryder and Pakistani Ryder - Advice needed!

Thanks

Default Afghan Kush Ryder and Pakistani Ryder - Advice needed!

Alright chaps, I'm about a week away from getting my grow kicked off (assuming my 9-5 doesn't keep spilling over into my free time). I'll post details and pictures of my full setup as soon as she's complete.

In the meantime, I need to make preperations for the grow, namely choosing a soil and possible nutrients.

My first grow will be an afghan kush ryder and a pakistani ryder, both autos.

My plan is this:

1. Germinate both in cotton wool using a method I've read about on this forum.

2. Transfer seedlings into relatively small pots (haven't bought these yet), using john innes #1 soil.

3. When they're ready, transfer plants into 11ltr pots containing john Innes #2 soil for the remainder of the grow.

I've done a lot of research using the forum so hopefully I'm on the right track. Here're my questions:

1. Do the above steps sound reasonable for ryders/autos?

2. Is john innes my best choice for those strains?

3. I'm tempted to get some bio bizz grow/bloom, as I've read good things about them, was also thinking of getting some tomorite, but I've also read some horror stories about overfeeding so I'd love to hear opinions on whether they're recommended for these strains or needed at all even.

I'll make a diary once this thing's kicked off, so I'm sure these are questions that could be answered as I go, but I'd really appreciate some input now so that I'm as prepared as I can be even if it's probably old hat to a lot of you!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Hmm. Not many growers of these then?

Thanks

Havent grown those strains but im growing auto`s (lr2) i started mine in their finishing pots, as i read that repotting can stress them and slow growth for a week or so, and with the auto only going for 9/10wks i didnt want to lose that weeks growing, i`m probably wrong but hope it helps a little, and im sure someone with more experence will guide you in the right direction.
    btw i`m using canna pro plus soil and canna nutes.
    TOKE OF THE TOON

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Ashman For This Useful Post:

charliboo (17-11-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Ashman View Post
    Havent grown those strains but im growing auto`s (lr2) i started mine in their finishing pots, as i read that repotting can stress them and slow growth for a week or so, and with the auto only going for 9/10wks i didnt want to lose that weeks growing, i`m probably wrong but hope it helps a little, and im sure someone with more experence will guide you in the right direction.
    btw i`m using canna pro plus soil and canna nutes.
    Thanks for the reply m8. I kept on hearing people recommending John Innes#2, the only reason I was going to use #1 and repot was because I was worried the #2 would be hard on the seedlings.

I may just go for putting them straight into the finishing pot with #2 then.

What's canna pro plus like?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,803 Times

I havent grown any of these because i dont like auto's, I did however advise a friend on getting these for his first grow. He got 3 pakistani ryders and they were a pretty nice smoke. I adviced him all the way through and he got around an Oz per plant.
    If i was you i would only use the biobizz grow for 2-3 weeks max then onto the bloom. make sure you give them a good flush befor the crop and you will be very happy with your produce. A good first timers choice in my opinion, very easy to grow.
    As for soil he just used standerd wilkos soil and that done the job, I hardly ever used expensive soil but my results seem ok, mabie not as good as it could be but certainly good enough.
    Last edited by Stealthgrower; 17-11-10 at 05:04 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stealthgrower For This Useful Post:

charliboo (17-11-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stealthgrower View Post
    I havent grown any of these because i dontm like auto's, I did however advise a friend on getting these for his first grow. He get 3 pakistani ryders and hey were a pretty nice smoke. I adviced him all the way through and he get around an Oz per plant.
    If i was you i would only use the biobizz grow for 2-3 weeks max then onto the bloom. make sure you give them a good flush befor the crop and you will be very happy with your produce. A good first timers choice in my opinion, very easy to grow.
    That's good to hear m8! The biobizz grow and bloom arrived today and I was still a bit iffy about whether to just pack it away for another grow and let em go nute-free for the first grow, but I may just give em a go (without goin' crazy with it).

Glad to hear the pakistani's a decent smoke, I've read good things about both of those ryders, just gotta make sure I don't feck up the grow.

I'd read they average at about 40cm height, but the seed packs say 40-80cm, I've got 65cm max height in the cab so I'm a bit worried. How tall did your friend's hit?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,803 Times

they dont get bigger than a foot if you do it rite. 24 houres light and mabie 18/6 later on. its better to keep them small and compact so that all your bud joins up.
    Be carfull with the nutes they dont actually need them but if your carefull you will make them bigger. the grow is not as bad but the bloom tends to burn the leafs quiet easy if you give to much.
    Last edited by Stealthgrower; 18-11-10 at 02:09 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stealthgrower For This Useful Post:

charliboo (18-11-10)