Thread: another newbie question

Thanks

Default another newbie question

right then here we go...lol....im about to attempt my first grow and have ahd a good read and researched as much as i dare without actually making my head explode........u have an 8 pot wilma with clay pebs timers temp guages blah blah blah i wont bore you with all the finer details as im sure you've heard it all before im pretty confident about the grow and most of the things i think i need to know for the first crop HOW EVER wot i cannot seem to find is any reference to how often i should be feeding my 8 wondeful ladies. i will be running one 600w hps until flower and then 2 600w hps. i keep finding conflicting info about it. some say once an hour some say half hour every 3 hours. any info would be greatly received guys n gals.
    one other concern i have is i will be growing in a budbox tent 2400x1200x2000 and have all the fans and filters the only thig i cant seem to find is some kind of thermostat control to automatically turn the fans on at a set temperature without spending silly money i already have a grand in the kit and there must be a cheaper way of controling temp automatically..

anyway hope i havent bored ya too much.. and thanks in advance for any info given
    cchers jamie

Thanks

Talking hey dude

your setup sounds really nice m8i would set your watering times to come on every 3 hours and run for aprox 15 mins that should suffice.also u cant really get a decent thermostat for your fans the only decent 1 i know of is the primair fan controller which retails at bout £120 but they got an offer on at the mo i think it is about £85 seems like alot of money but it is well worth it
    cheers dodgy

Thanks

nice one dodgy thanks for the tip mate thats really helped me out a lot. . managed to get a 1200x2400x2000 budbox and a primair contoller from greens horti online for £254 delivered so thats nicely finished off my setup now.
    cant wait to crack on with it now. no doubt there will be a few more "help me's" in here in a couple of weeks. lol

Thanks

oo oo i knew i'd forgotten something. iwill just one HPS 600 be ok for veg and then put the 2nd in for maybe the last few weeks of flower say like wen i put pk1314 in?

Thanks

if you need a fan controler just wire a room stat backwards and hey presto it works in revers eg when hot stat kicks in when temp right it turns off no need to buy expensive fan controllers

Thanks

I'm pretty sure an 8 pot wilma could fit in a 1.2m2 tent so you will have a lot of space left over, I would get some pots and some soil and fill the space up as your will be wasting a lot of light or you could section half the tent off by hanging some mylar, that would double your light intensity. You want to aim for 50 watt per square foot although you can go lower 50wpsf is the recommended minimum.

Watering frequency should be done to suit he plants needs as the bigger the plant the more water it'll want, I imagine once the plants are well established you could just feed continuously so start with 15 min feeds a couple times a day and increase as the plant grows.