Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: £25 Grow Tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

I only see extraction setup in this wardrobe, which is the same as the one I now have. How well does this work with no intake? I plan to get another inline fan very soon for intake but was wondering how well it works without the intake for tempory measures. I'd probably veg it to start under a 125 cfl then when I get the inline fan for intake I would chuck in my 250w hps to avoid heat issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post
    I only see extraction setup in this wardrobe, which is the same as the one I now have. How well does this work with no intake? I plan to get another inline fan very soon for intake but was wondering how well it works without the intake for tempory measures. I'd probably veg it to start under a 125 cfl then when I get the inline fan for intake I would chuck in my 250w hps to avoid heat issues.
    I never used any intake, as i left a gap in the bottom of the zips to work as a passive intake, however it would be simple enough to cut a hole at the bottom and direct some fresh air in via a fan.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

I think i'm going to have a bash at this,great stuff!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

chronje (19-12-10)

Thanks

ok to answer my own question, I went for a 5" cooltube 400w HPS and 5" In Line Duct Extractor Fan (Up to 280m3/h on high speed.Up to 220m3/h on low speed (there was a speed setting? lol)) my temps are at a solid 27 lights on with just a 4" passive intake, my B&W sheeting does get a tiny bit warm but nothing excessive that will melt it or worse, am guessing without the cooltube that it could get too hot on the sides as its a thin space, could get a lil warm in summer but adding another fan for intake should be enuff to keep the temps down, goin for a proper tent next grow as am trying waterfarming hopefully so need more space. Thx again for this Chronje provided a cheap grow space for little $ when my autos out grew my stealth draws.
    cheers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skunkmunky For This Useful Post:

chronje (24-12-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skunkmunky View Post
    ok to answer my own question, I went for a 5" cooltube 400w HPS and 5" In Line Duct Extractor Fan (Up to 280m3/h on high speed.Up to 220m3/h on low speed (there was a speed setting? lol)) my temps are at a solid 27 lights on with just a 4" passive intake, my B&W sheeting does get a tiny bit warm but nothing excessive that will melt it or worse, am guessing without the cooltube that it could get too hot on the sides as its a thin space, could get a lil warm in summer but adding another fan for intake should be enuff to keep the temps down, goin for a proper tent next grow as am trying waterfarming hopefully so need more space. Thx again for this Chronje provided a cheap grow space for little $ when my autos out grew my stealth draws.
    cheers
    nice work dude, glad you found it helpful, fancy putting up some pics to users can see the finished product?

cheers!

Thanks

nice work that mate, could probaly handle a hps that aswell without too much of a temperature issue if you felt like it

Thanks

top info m8 thanks
    Dont Drink And Drive - Smoke Weed And Fly!

Thanks

Man ur a f***ing genuis this is mad gunna be getting one of these, beats a £90 grow box cheers for this awesome.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to happy herb For This Useful Post:

chronje (22-01-11)

Thanks

sorry never read u requested a pic, never got my tent so still in it for this next grow, 2 x oxypot scrog I'm going for Royal Dutch - Special K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1877..jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	37093  

13. The Following User Says Thank You to skunkmunky For This Useful Post:

chronje (02-02-11)

Thanks

Hi i think this d.i.y post on a grow tent is great and i found a similar one on a website and seeing this post i am tempted to buy my own and attempt to make one but i have just one question i see you have the carbon filter hooked up to some ducting that goes out of the back of the wardrobe but i cannot see a fan so i was just wondering how the air will be pulled out of the wardrobe thanks in advance.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast