Thread: Latest scientific research says that Cannabis increases the chances of Cancer!?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

Default Latest scientific research says that Cannabis increases the chances of Cancer!?

Hi everybody,

The latest report from the scientific community (link below) says that the use of Cannabis can increase the chances of Cancer and other "killer diseases"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-diseases.html

Though the article goes on to say that this new research is positive and will lead the way to help fight certain diseases, it does seem that they are trying to smear our beloved herb.

It seems that these reports go against previous research that proved THC to be beneficial to people suffering from Cancer... so what is it? Does it help cure Cancer, or does it cause it?
    I just don't know anymore!!! ARGHHHH

Ferret

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,967 Times

its in the daily mail mate - nuff said .

i mean come on, it says " cannabis’s links to devastating mental health problems are well known" are they really ? as far as im aware thats never been proven as you never know if a person would have gone mental if they hadnt touched it .
    what a load of shit
    Last edited by bergkamp; 25-11-10 at 09:12 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bergkamp For This Useful Post:

Mikee B-igBud$$$ (28-11-10)

Thanks

Very true, I did read through it thinking this is a crock of shit.. lol
    I mean, one minute THC helps halt the spread of cancer... but now it increases the chance of it as well? smells like bullshit.

Thanks

lol it seems like every think corses canser these days next they will say that brethin can corse canser lol
    thers no escape aahhhh lol probz tho the amount of polution thes days hehe
    first grow pot of gold in flower stelth grow in a cubord

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ie-pot-of-gold

Thanks

The Daily Mail is awful. Firstly, it isn't THC that they think causes this. They simply think "Cannabinoids" cause this. So it could be one Cannabinoid of over 60, but not necessarily THC.

So this cancels out: "Worryingly, skunk, the super-strength cannabis that is particularly popular, may be extra-damaging, due to its extra-high THC content." Because it could be any Cannabinoid, not this "Super strength Cannabis with a worrying high THC content" that the Daily Mail have essentially made up to scare the general populace.

Back to the first paragraph: "Cannabis damages the immune system, leaving the body open to diseases from pneumonia to cancer, research suggests." The research SUGGESTS this. They didn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt. So right now scientists THINK Cannabinoids MIGHT suppress the immune system.

"But in the case of cancer, they may actually make it easier for tumours to grow, the European Journal of Immunology reports." In talking about these MDSC's, they said they MAY make it easier for tumours to grow. Again, not proven beyond reasonable doubt.

"Henry Scowcroft, of Cancer Research UK, said it was impossible to tell if the effects seen in mice would extend to people.
    He added: ‘The issue of whether cannabis can cause cancer is a controversial one that is still not settled. What is certain is that most UK cannabis users smoke the drug with tobacco, which is still the single most important cause of cancer.’"

So it still isn't proven that Cannabis can cause cancer, even when smoked!

It's just typical Daily Fail scare mongering, and very inaccurate reporting, also typical of the Daily Fail.
    "The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Dr. Carl Sagan

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kayabis For This Useful Post:

Sativa Steve (25-11-10)

Jāck Herer Guest

I don't belive that for one minute.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Raver View Post
    I don't belive that for one minute.
    with all the misinformation about atm, I don't think anyone does..

Thanks

this is why weed will never be legal in this country because our newspapers talk more bullshit then anywhere else, just to sell papers lol.
    "cannabis is addictive in the sense that all great things in life are worth repeating"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikee B-igBud$$$ For This Useful Post:

Sativa Steve (28-11-10)

Thanks

Aint that the truth.

Thanks

I know a few people who died out of cancer and none of them ever smoked a single joint in their entire life
    I know many people smoking weed for many many years and none of them got cancer