Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From airport to amsterdam

Thanks

Red face From airport to amsterdam

First I will day sorry if this thread has been done before but couldn't find it

I am going to Amsterdam again jan the 6th to the 11th if any one is there
    Please say hi but to the point Ievery other time I have gone I have gone on the boat spent 1 night in dam then back to the boat and home, but this year I am flying and am just wondering how hard is it to get a train from the air port to central station? How far is it from the air port to where you get the train central station? and what's the cost for the ride to and from the air port to central station? Also prices on taxis would be nice thanks

Master Poet Guest

The cost is 4.20 euros each way and the train station is at the airport. Just go up the escalators to the ticket hall and look to your left and you should see the ticket office. It takes about 15-20 mins to get to central station in Amsterdam. A Taxi into Amsterdam from the airport is about 80 euros.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

bigbudben (02-12-10), edd275k (02-12-10)

Thanks

Cheers for quick reply poet your a gent or gentes lol

Master Poet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigbudben View Post
    Cheers for quick reply poet your a gent or gentes lol
    Happy to help where I can.

All man here, well mostly.

Thanks

Cheers pal

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

Everything Poet says apart from a taxi will set you back around 30-35euro not 80euro.
    Cheers

Master Poet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Soul View Post
    Everything Poet says apart from a taxi will set you back around 30-35euro not 80euro.
    Cheers
    There was a fire on one of the platforms at Schipol airport last Friday and my mate and his mrs had to get a taxi to the airport from central station as it was closed on that line and it cost him 80 euros.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

Well they were ripped off in that case, i get a taxi from schipol to the Leidesplein every time i go and it's never cost more than 35euro.
    One thing i would say is that you must buy a ticket for the train into central stn from the airport, it's a standard 65euro fine from the conductors for not havin one prior to departure.
    I got hit with twice that for me and the missus and had to do alot of blaggin to get the conductor down to 30euro.
    As Poet says, it's cheap as for the tickets anyway.
    Cheers

Thanks

as above the trains are under the airport and dirt cheap. if you get a taxi, just ask the price first, if too high E40+ go to the next 1, simples!
    if you get a taxi back to airport get the hotel to book you one and ask hotel the price!

first time i was in the dam, taxi driver said E50 halfway there, i said pull over ill get a bus for a laugh, ok ok E35 he says, gave him 40 for trying but train it everytime now.

Thanks

thanx every 1 i think i will go for the train first what time do they run to as no due into schipol to 7.30

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast