Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: General tips for a Guerilla Grow - Location, maintenance etc

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sw
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts

    Default General tips for a Guerilla Grow - Location, maintenance etc

    Hi all
    Due to a change in circumstances i can no longer grow inside. So when the warmer months (May - August) come back im thinking of plotting a load of autos in random outdoor spots. Was wondering if any of the more experienced growers could contribute?

    Im thinking that in some ways outdoors is easier and less risky than indoors but also harder and less likely to succeed.
    Thats why im going to ask for a general piece of guidance to this variety of growing, maybe we can turn it into a sticky so that other guerilla noobies can have a resource to get them started?

    Ok so a basic list of areas that could be covered are:

    Finding a suitable location - i live in a small town with plenty of rural green areas, but also on the coast. Having said that most of the places ive seen are still often in use.
    Most of this comes down to common sense, but any general no nos such as signs of public use or something thats a good sign in a spot i.e no signs of use would be helpful.

    Starting and maintaining a grow - When youve found a location and planted what to look out for.

    Advice when harvesting - for example how to transport the finished plants or cutting them where they are and transporting the trimmed buds.

    Im sure theirs more topics to cover but i cant really think at the mo.
    Please feel free to contribute.

    Thank you
    Last edited by higherthanthesk; 04-12-10 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sw
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Found this may be helpful for others *NO LINKING*
    Last edited by dekay; 07-12-10 at 06:29 PM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,116
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 641 Times in 412 Posts

    Default

    u cant link to other grow forums mate read the rules
    Beat Nickin' Joint Flickin' THCTalk Clickin'

  4. #4
    Notorious WD Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by higherthanthesk View Post
    Hi all
    Due to a change in circumstances i can no longer grow inside. So when the warmer months (May - August) come back im thinking of plotting a load of autos in random outdoor spots. Was wondering if any of the more experienced growers could contribute?

    Im thinking that in some ways outdoors is easier and less risky than indoors but also harder and less likely to succeed.
    Thats why im going to ask for a general piece of guidance to this variety of growing, maybe we can turn it into a sticky so that other guerilla noobies can have a resource to get them started?

    Ok so a basic list of areas that could be covered are:

    Finding a suitable location - i live in a small town with plenty of rural green areas, but also on the coast. Having said that most of the places ive seen are still often in use.
    Most of this comes down to common sense, but any general no nos such as signs of public use or something thats a good sign in a spot i.e no signs of use would be helpful.

    Starting and maintaining a grow - When youve found a location and planted what to look out for.

    Advice when harvesting - for example how to transport the finished plants or cutting them where they are and transporting the trimmed buds.

    Im sure theirs more topics to cover but i cant really think at the mo.
    Please feel free to contribute.

    Thank you
    I have done this with my mate before and i basically followed the principle of this;
    Mother up a hardy low odour strain, northern lights is perfect imo. take as many clones as you need.
    I would suggest do about 50. I then plant 5 of them in 10 places, i have them in 11litre pots and build the grass around the pot to disguise and let them do there own thing and cross my fingers. I have planted (with success) at old dis-used pubs and factories. The most success i have had so far was dropping 20 nls by a sewage works canal, no-one knew fuck all and all went well, roll on may when i will do the same again!!!

    the only tips i have is make your checks once a fortnight, tell no-one, when you crop just go to the location with a stanley knife and a bin liner, cut the root and whack in a bag and get the fuck out there...

    finally good luck and hope all goes well...

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Notorious WD For This Useful Post:

    higherthanthesk (08-12-10), jonathan (12-12-10), nessie (01-03-11), Quickly (09-04-11)

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sw
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitediesel View Post
    I have done this with my mate before and i basically followed the principle of this;
    Mother up a hardy low odour strain, northern lights is perfect imo. take as many clones as you need.
    I would suggest do about 50. I then plant 5 of them in 10 places, i have them in 11litre pots and build the grass around the pot to disguise and let them do there own thing and cross my fingers. I have planted (with success) at old dis-used pubs and factories. The most success i have had so far was dropping 20 nls by a sewage works canal, no-one knew fuck all and all went well, roll on may when i will do the same again!!!

    the only tips i have is make your checks once a fortnight, tell no-one, when you crop just go to the location with a stanley knife and a bin liner, cut the root and whack in a bag and get the fuck out there...

    finally good luck and hope all goes well...
    Really good tips there mate. Ive looked everywhere and theirs nothing like that here. just loads of Fields used by farms and woods used all the time by dog walkers with paths everywhere and no low level foliage.

    This is only a small mess around type of grow nothing serious so i think im going to settle with something that isnt ideal. Plus its not as stupid/exposed as that diesel all over the car park grow.
    Their is a couple a hundred feet square set of trees near me (I will post a pic later). That is only used by 3 or 4 Kids running about in there on the weekends. So scale wise im only going to plant one or two Lowryders ( I would grow NL but their just a tiny bit too tall for my liking) right at the back of the path where theirs a bit of foliage that i can use to cover them. ( The only issue here is that theirs a high fence and then ONE house about 10 metres away they will definatly not be able to see ive checked, but they will probly smell, i just hope their old people and they dont realise what there smelling)

    My thoughts are that their only kids so if they do go that far back they aint gonna have a clue just looks like a normal plant to them. What im counting on is that the only risk to me is that i get caught checking on them, i mean if their found or destroyed and im not their too then the only thing ive lost is time and a fiver.

    Your checking once a fortnight is key and early afternoon as this i believe is the quietest time of the day. As everyones at work or school. Or old and their senses have gone.

    Would you recommend any other non weed plants i can easily get to plant up their to give them more cover?


    @Beatnik. Sorry i completely forgot.

  7. #6
    Notorious WD Guest

    Default

    You can top the plant if height is a problem!

    lowryders are ok and so to are the royal dwarf strains. The lad i did the nl grow with has bought 3 of each to plant outdoors.
    I drive round a lot around the country and i reckon a cracking idea would be to plant some at the side of a motorway at the top of the bank like. Where i live the m6 has a high bank that is accessible if you walk through a field and climb a fence, no one will ever check there i am sure, only problem i foresee is lack of light due to massive trees hogging the light.

    You dig up some nettles and plant by your grow, get 3 or 4 big fat bushy nettle plants and surround you cannabis plants with them, no-one goes close to nettles (does this sound mad to you, sounds genius in my head lmao), checking fortnightly is good as you can keep track of the plants without being noticed by anyone. i used miracle grow stuff, but on my next one i am planting by a sewage works and teh ground is full of nutrients and its high quality silt soil. should be perfect.

    Always thinking about growing mate, its like a fucking disease...
    Last edited by Notorious WD; 08-12-10 at 09:09 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious WD For This Useful Post:

    nessie (01-03-11)

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I know what you mean about growing. I think about it constantly, I am currently working on setting up a site at an old strip mine from the 70's several in my area an I have easy access.

    One tip for finding an area. Use google earth! I have a topo map and an arial photo map of my selective grow areas.. It helped me spot a few key trails used by these kids nearby for their motor bikes and whatnot.

    Also what are you amending the soil with! That's my only worry right now... I'm gonna do 3 patches that will be
    5x1.5x1.5'... (Feet) what should I throw into the hole I dig?? When should I do it?

  10. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    holland
    Posts
    9,930
    Thanks
    9,010
    Thanked 5,831 Times in 3,439 Posts

    Default

    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.




  11. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

    higherthanthesk (09-12-10)

  12. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sw
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Thank you everyone theres some great advice in here.

    Ive tried using google earths but theirs really only loads of farms in use near me. Ive been out walking for atleast an hour the last three days using google maps beforehand. But theres no where people live everywhere. I mean i tried looking over the cordened off area of a cliff face but theirs homeless people camping there.

    Just thought id mention i dont have access to a car at the moment. I dont really have enough money for one and i my job is easily accessible by public transport.

    There are one or two more places im going to look. But if they dont pay off im going to have to go for something un ideal.

  13. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sw
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quick news: Ive just been through a early morning walk in my local woods. I think ive found two potential spots.

    1. Theres one part of the forest cordoned off and it says its private with a wire fence (covered with hedgegrowth that prevents people from seeing into the area) going round it i popped over the fence and theirs a grass path with loads and loads of foilage on the sides. I think if i find out who owns it and it isnt used too much this has potential.

    2. i went off from the path in the public section and theirs a bit that exits out into an abandoned house and its land with a dump of plants at the start where you enter into it from the woods.
    If you look at the picture i attached without the trucks the land is like that but in a i guess 500m by 500m box covered with wood on the left and right and with an abandoned house at the end that is for let.
    The land looks like it hasnt been attended to in a couple of years as theirs weeds growing everywhere.

    I just have to pray that nobody buys the place (Which with this economy is hopefully not).

    I will post pics at a later point so that you can get a real impression

  14. #11
    Notorious WD Guest

    Default

    id plant at least 10 cuttings in that field, looks good there mate.

    i use a stainless steel sharp shovel, i gently cut the ground and pick up the turf, plant my pot and cover with the turf, my sewage works grow i dont need to worry about, no-one goes there as it nearly impossible to get there unless you dont mind being 2-3 foot in water for about a quarter of a mile to get there. Thinking about planting 20 or so plants there in may.

  15. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Yea I would love to plant 15 or 20 plants out there. That's being bit optimistic, but how much soil am I looking at hiking in? Or should I just add to the soil that's there??

  16. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sw
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify the picture i attached isnt the actual location. Its first image on google for abandoned land. But the location i found has the same kind of grass.

  17. #14
    Notorious WD Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theyeti View Post
    Yea I would love to plant 15 or 20 plants out there. That's being bit optimistic, but how much soil am I looking at hiking in? Or should I just add to the soil that's there??
    use the soil thats there, at the end of the day most guerilla crops get fucked up so keep it as chepa as possible and do as many as you can. I work off the theory that 1 in 5 come off. Was even thinking about planting 20 or so plants on top of a abandoned building that has simply been left for 3 years untouched. I can get to the back of it and climb up using a ladder and plant 20 in 11l pots and leave them until crop time. balls make the world go round.

  18. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    The soil that's there I'm afraid dosnt look too good.. It's light brown.. Not black.. Good soil is always black (or so I'm told) I agree that most will get fucked 1 in 5 is probably alittle pessimistic but better to shoot high and over shoot than have too little... Not to mention males! I'll contemplate this for a bit.. May even get out on the lake and do some remote planting out and about someplace

  19. #16
    Notorious WD Guest

    Default

    try the special queen strain, beast of a plant thats a good yielder and smoke. can get in fem as well. royal queen seed bank.

Similar Threads

  1. Outdoor Guerilla Ground Prep Pics, Tips n' Tools
    By afriendinneed in forum Guerrilla Growing
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 30-04-14, 12:44 AM
  2. Location ups and downs
    By Bubbles LM in forum Guerrilla Growing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19-08-10, 10:59 PM
  3. 1st time grow and need general help on everythink
    By ruttell in forum Organic Growing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-04-10, 05:10 PM
  4. [SOLVED] Water pump maintenance
    By Richie79 in forum Growing Equipment, Suppliers & Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-09, 12:06 PM
  5. Please Post Any Grow Questions In the General Grow Section!!!!!
    By lkdj2003 in forum General Stoners Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-09, 10:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

buy cannabis seeds  buy cannabis seeds

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK