Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how do i get rid of thrips?

Thanks

Default how do i get rid of thrips?

just noticed i have thrips never had them before been past on through some cuttings had of a mate of mine. can anybody tell me whats best way treat them? im still in veg
    exodus cheese,pre 98 bubba kush, lemon haze,cheesel,

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

Thanks

cheers but just wanted see what people use on here and whats most effective

Thanks

if you only water when the plants start to droop,so they cant breed more in the soil.(they like damp soil). if you can a great tip ive found is if the plants youve got are not too big enough to fit in a bucket . fill a bucket with your diluited insecticide then put the soil pots in a bin bag and tie it up with just the plant being free of the bag.then just turn plants upside down and give them a good dip in the bucket. it has worked with me getting rid of spidermites and they are total cunts,im sure you can get on top of it.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgEDy5ekvY
    TIMELESS.COZ AGE DONT COUNT IN THE BOOTH, WHEN YOUR FLOW STAYS SUBMERGED IN THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH.

WHILE WORLD IS REVOLVING ON ITS AXIS, I COME WITH MAD LOVE AND THE ILLEST WAR TACTICS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hyperlite For This Useful Post:

jonesy33 (06-12-10)

Thanks

soz i forgot to say do it at the start of lights off so you dont burn leaves

Quang Guest

lol

Try neem oil kid and cover the top of the soil with with perlite/pebbles/plastic etc etc to interupt the breeding cycle .

Or try predator mites . There a pain declare war ! Good luck }

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quang For This Useful Post:

seanMcPot (06-12-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

Currently battling thrip myself and struggling myself. On the + side they don't seem to cause a great deal of damage, but they are fucking annoying.
    I've currently got my soil covered over with paper and I'm supposed to be spraying them every 2 days with pyrethrin but I've been neglecting it due to the fact it didn't seem to be making a great deal of difference and my flowering plants are getting a bit close.

I think I'll try battling em again starting tomorrow morning. Using Py garden spray from greens

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,125 Times

gnat off kills them! it coats the roots and when they try to feed they die and it breaks the breeding cycle!
    i hadthem last grow and now again in this grow! let the soil dry out as much as possible then with the first
    watering use 1ml of gnat off to 1 ltr of water job done

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ChronMan View Post
    gnat off kills them! it coats the roots and when they try to feed they die and it breaks the breeding cycle!
    i hadthem last grow and now again in this grow! let the soil dry out as much as possible then with the first
    watering use 1ml of gnat off to 1 ltr of water job done
    That easy?
    The thing putting me off of Gnat Off is the £20 price tag. But if its that good that only 1ml will get rid of my thrip then I'm well up for that.

Considering it gets in to the plants i.e. as you say, it kills them when they feed from it. So is it bad in flowering? Any bad chems that shouldn't be used on stuff you're ingesting?

Out of interest, if you had them last grow and got rid and you now have them this grow. How do you keep getting them? You sure the gnat off worked 100% and you've just reinfected it rather than, some of them lived on to the new grow?

Thanks

That easy?
    The thing putting me off of Gnat Off is the £20 price tag. But if its that good that only 1ml will get rid of my thrip then I'm well up for that.

Considering it gets in to the plants i.e. as you say, it kills them when they feed from it. So is it bad in flowering? Any bad chems that shouldn't be used on stuff you're ingesting?
    gnat off is organic so dont think it would hurt during flower, and it takes 24hrs to take effect 1ml per 1L puts my ec up by 0.1 i know it got rid of gnants not to sure about thrip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast