Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mini 150w HPS

Thanks

Default Mini 150w HPS

Hi I recently went to a grow shop where the guy showed me this mini hps that claims to equal or 400 or 600 hps!!
    Naturally I can think of two advantages,less heat less electric !
    Does anyone know anything about this or is it more grow shop bullshit?
    £150 a pop.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

tell us more......
    manufactured by who ?
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

Details,details,details........sounds interesting and also sounds a wee bit far-fetched to me.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BURNZ For This Useful Post:

BULLET (17-12-10), goochy (17-12-10), Heath's Deciple (07-01-11), javadog (18-12-10), The Lost Soul (07-12-10), wrekstar (23-12-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times

just had a look about and there are posts about this else where.
    one quote
    Test results have shown that two MINIMAX 150 units produce larger yields than any one 600w Digital unit. The 600w Digi ballast is rated at 2.75amp whereas the MINIMAX 150 is rated at 0.64amp. In real terms you could run five Minimax 150 units for the same power consumption as one 600w digital unit. If you are using old magnetic 600w ballasts you can run 11 of these.

along with others saying bullshit lol

google it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

jonathan (07-12-10)

Thanks

Default Minimax 150

Alot people on all forums say its BS.... But i no different because a friend tryed it, we were kind of doubters but it was worth a try. people slag it but there havnt tryed it!!! I read alot of stuff on these forums and it tickles me. People have some top grows and then you hear someone say stick 1000w hps on that ul get great buds......... My answer is no you wont you will get over kill, lots of heat, lots of elect bills, lots of heat traces, a chopper flying over your house and a skinnier wallet!! I see no problems with 600w 1000w hps in large grows in industrial units when growing 100s of plants but in a tent in the house its serious over kill. Ok you will get results but no need for the cost or risk. 400w is what he used to use but even then you still get heat and elect bills. CFL is poop for an amount of plants but has always had just one advantage over hps and that is getting the lamp close to the plants. with the minimax 150 you can do that and you are gaining that advantage for the hps. Trust me you would struggle to melt an ice cube with this lamp, your getting no wasted lumens and the plants just love this lamp. Now a friend put 20 (would of put more but didnt have space) 5ltr pots in a sog using ak47 autos on a 20/4... sorry no special soil either 5 homebase fruit n veg compost and feed with biobizz during flowering ( small amounts ) He had zero heat coming off the 4" fan and i mean zero. Started it on a M/H then swaped to hps. He yielded no less than 1/oz and a 1/4 per plant, some close to 2/oz. I wish i could prove this to people right now and show them how the plants love the enviroment it allows for. He is shortly going to put a journal on every forum he can find and show everyone what over kill is. Even if i was going to grow lots of plants i would use this light i would have a box for each light 25pots in a sog per box so for 600ws i would have 4 boxes and 100 plants.... LOW COST, NO HEAT BULD UP OR TRACES!!!! SORRY IF ANYONE SAYS BS. YOU CANT TELL ME BS WHEN I HAVE SEEN SOMETHING WITH MY OWN EYES. THE PLANTS LOVE THIS LAMPS ENVIROMENT. REMEMBER WE DO NOT GROW PLANTS, PLANTS GROW THEM SELFS WE JUST PROVIDE THEM AN ENVIROMENT TO GROW IN!!!!!! TO MANY PEOPLE ARE CYBER GROWERS, READ BUT DONT TRY AND GIVE OUT INCORRECT INFO. I AGREE WITH THE SALES GIMMICK FOR THIS LIGHT THAT THIS IS THE LIGHT EVERYONE WILL BE USING. THEY JUST NEED TO BE TRYED AND PUT IN JOURNALS. CHEERS

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,348 Times

more info:

LAMP & BALLAST PACK

IF YOU ORDER THIS KIT YOU WILL RECIEVE
    1 X HPS 150W SUPERPLANT HPS SODIUM LAMP 2100K
    1 X 150 W MINIMAX BALLAST

THIS IS THE KIT TO ORDER IF YOU ARE USING YOUR OWN SHADES

THIS IS THE LIGHT EVERYONE WILL BE USING!!

WE HAVE THEM FIRST.....ASHFORD HYDRO

BRINGING INNOVATION TO GROWERS EVERY WHERE!

Finally the lighting solution revolution has arrived. Following a three year period of research and testing The MINIMAX 150 micro-processor ballast has finally completed trial testing, qualifying the Minimax 150 for CE registration. Fully tested and registered the Minimax 150 is now ready for the market.
    Running at less than 0.7amp we feel that this little unit will revolutionize indoor grow lighting. No longer do we have to compromise with CFL bulbs or LED panels. The MINIMAX 150 operates with either Metal Halide (blue vegetative) or, High Pressure Sodium bulbs (red flowering). Test results have shown that two MINIMAX 150 units produce larger yields than any one 600w Digital unit. The 600w Digi ballast is rated at 2.75amp whereas the MINIMAX 150 is rated at 0.64amp. In real terms you could run five Minimax 150 units for the same power consumption as one 600w digital unit. If you are using old magnetic 600w ballasts you can run 11 of these.
    As we have lots of experience with hydroponics these are considered by us to be the future of indoor gardening. Forget cfl's and LED lighting as they are just not up to the job. We have tested these and they perform really well. It makes 600 watt lights look ancient and out of date. The amount of area you can cover for a low cost is amazing.
    We calculated that depending on where you live a 600w magnetic will cost you over £1.20 per day to run (average), These cost 11p a day to run (based on our electric supplies ) ,Which is a massive difference. Also you can run smaller extraction as the heat build up is non existent, you will never need air cooled shades with these lights, How cool is that!

Advantages of the Minimax 150w include the following

Draws only 0.63 amp
    Reduced power consumption. Uses a fifth when compared with the 600w ballast
    High lumen output
    Low bulb temperature. Reducing the need for high volume cooling fans Added stability for the environment
    Full RF filtration
    No need for costly contact/relay controllers Operates when used with any timer
    Operates with either M/H or HPS 150w bulbs
    The Minimax 150 Ballast carries a full three year guarantee

Considering the above advantages we confidently conclude that the MINIMAX 150 is the most environmentally friendly Ballast available, producing maximum output for minimum power consumption.

The Minimax 150 is not a standard electronic ballast; The Minimax 150 is a completely new way to control light/energy omitted from your bulb. The most technically advanced electronic ballast available anywhere.
    Why is The Minimax 150 so different? The reason is not merely about reduced power consumption. The Minimax 150 electronic ballast uses the latest micro-processor technology to regulate and control the energy to light ratio. This allows for the use of either HPS or Metal Halide bulbs.

The Minimax 150 ballasts contain new technological micro-processers which regulate the ballast as follows

Makes continuous adjustments based upon lamp type used Monitors the bulb to maintain the optimum light output to power ratio Reduces energy consumption and bulb temperature producing maximum light
    Adjusts to compensate for bulb degradation
    Controls light output to bulb temperature efficiency, (maximum light, minimum energy)

The Minimax 150 is programmed to soft start. No need for the usual initial start-up power surge to ignite the bulb. This will extend bulb life and allows for several units to start at the same time, without a large draw on power.

The Minimax 150

Completely silent in operation.
    Fully compliant with all CE Regulations for safety.
    Each unit is factory tested for a full twelve hours to ensure product quality and reliability.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,225 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stonedasfuck View Post
    Each unit is factory tested for a full twelve hours to ensure product quality and reliability.
    WOW ! 12 hours of testing I feel safe now.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BURNZ For This Useful Post:

Naxx (19-12-10), The Lost Soul (17-12-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BURNZ View Post
    WOW ! 12 hours of testing I feel safe now.
    this is for HPS only, in order to sell MH also (MH will be tested on 18h) LOL

Thanks

If you read the sales gimmick and brake it down the testing is only for ce electric testing.... Which can fool people into thinking it was tested for alot more until you have second look and its only test for ce that every good safe light on the market is tested for ...but...... Its a good light trust me. Sales gimmicks aside

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast