Thread: Trimming durring flowering

Thanks

Question Trimming durring flowering

Hey again,

Just a quick question about trimming durring flowering - My plant is really quite short and bushy. The main stems have grown out above the folliage and are budding nicely, btu there's another 7-8 other small flowering heads lower down in the plant that are completely hidden by the larger leaves.
    I heard (cant remember where) that its not a good idea to take off the fan leaves during flowering, but also that the buds themselves need light to grow big 'n' strong.

So do I trim? And If yes, what? I'm thinking it wouldnt do too much damage to remove a couple of the larger leaves so the flowering heads can get some light and also the smaller leaves under the canopy that aren't getting much light but try and keep most of the biggest leaves.
    Do you think this'll do the trick?
    Cheers all

Thanks

im of the school of thought leaves are there for a reason,id leave them on and tie them down unless they are ready to drop off, ;-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iggypot For This Useful Post:

ShakeandBake (17-12-10)

Thanks

the leaves is where chloryphyll is made this is esential to plants removing leaves that are healthy will do more damage than good fold tie or bend leaves to expose lower buts, and cut leaves off at the stem that have 50% or more damage

If You Dont Like My Fire Then Dont Come Around, Cause Im Gonna Burn One Down

5. The Following User Says Thank You to javadog For This Useful Post:

ShakeandBake (17-12-10)

Thanks

maybe some small cfl's from bottom will help?

Thanks

leave them on dont remove any unless there dead my bro done it on his last grow to let the light at the buds and put the plant into shock the buds stopped growing it just put all its energy back into producing new leaves

Thanks

the leaves will easily pull off the stem when they are no longer playing a role in the plants life. wait until then to remove

Thanks

Thanks guys, I've tied the budding branches down away from the canopy in the hopes they will get some more light now Only 3 weeks till my first harvest I'm so excited!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

if the plant is very leafy or bushy or if you want to remove lower growth that will not receive usefull light you should idealy do this before switching to flower.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!