Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: can i grow a plant using 2700k cfl lights? please help

Thanks

Default can i grow a plant using 2700k cfl lights? please help

completly out of interest, with no intention of growing, can i grow a plant with cfl 2700 kelvin color temp and 10800 lumens? im not bothered if its not the fastest method because the lights are 3 for 50 pence and they have 600 lumens each, i just want to know if the plant will servive

Master Poet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikecheese View Post
    completly out of interest, with no intention of growing, can i grow a plant with cfl 2700 kelvin color temp and 10800 lumens? im not bothered if its not the fastest method because the lights are 3 for 50 pence and they have 600 lumens each, i just want to know if the plant will servive

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (29-03-11), Delboy Trotter (19-12-10), javadog (09-01-11), jonathan (22-12-10), Mikee B-igBud$$$ (22-12-10), wert (19-12-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

the 2700k spectrum is a good colour for flowering,but can be used all the way through.
    the lights you mention would not yield much,you need a bigger more intense light to grow a plant that receives decent lummens at the lower growth.
    what wattage are they ?
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

Ilikecheese (21-12-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

10,000 Lumens/plant would work... as they're 2700K get yourself some auto's and run them 20 on 4 off and get them as close as possible and you should get smoe smokable bud.

If the bulbs are 600 lumen each you would need 18 of them to get enough light per plant. That'll take a lot of wiring up and mounting.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bimble For This Useful Post:

Ilikecheese (21-12-10)

Thanks

thank you very much for your replys, im looking to grow cheese, as i have some seeds already, only 2 plants as i cant afford many lights and i am limited on space, and the lights are 11watt each, wiring isnt a problem as i am good friends with a sparky, with the lamps being 50p for 3 and the holders being 50p each per plant its costing me £12 on lighting, wire is no issue thanks to my friend, its a low budget project, auto's are an option though, the enclosure is gonna be aproximatly 2.5ft by 3.5ft and height can be up to 6 foot if needed, again, sorry for the disclaimer but you know how it is, i have no intention of growing cannabis, what i have just said is a lie, i have never smoked cannabis and have no intention too. cheers wert and cheers Mr_Bimble, hope to here from you guys soon

P.S the seeds are feminized

Thanks

thank you very much for your replys, im looking to grow cheese, as i have some seeds already, only 2 plants as i cant afford many lights and i am limited on space, and the lights are 11watt each, wiring isnt a problem as i am good friends with a sparky, with the lamps being 50p for 3 and the holders being 50p each per plant its costing me £12 on lighting, wire is no issue thanks to my friend, its a low budget project, auto's are an option though, the enclosure is gonna be aproximatly 2.5ft by 3.5ft and height can be up to 6 foot if needed, again, sorry for the disclaimer but you know how it is, i have no intention of growing cannabis, what i have just said is a lie, i have never smoked cannabis and have no intention too. cheers wert and cheers Mr_Bimble, hope to here from you guys soon

so wot u growing for to sell ohh dear me

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,364 Times

sorry for the disclaimer but you know how it is, i have no intention of growing cannabis, what i have just said is a lie, i have never smoked cannabis and have no intention too. cheers wert and cheers Mr_Bimble, hope to here from you guys soon

Just stop bullshitting and stop being so paranoid, you're safe here.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ANONYMOUS For This Useful Post:

ak48 (02-01-11), javadog (09-01-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

its like the people who use "SWIM is growing a cannabis plant"

Makes me laugh...

Thanks

ok, i am a little paranoid, but does it matter? i mean, really? anyways, so will it work? 32 11w lights with 600 lumens at 2700k lighting 2 plants in a 2.5x3.5ft enclosure? thats all i want to know

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

23watt cfls are 10 p each in tesco or something.
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Ilikecheese (22-12-10)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast