Thread: 120x240x200 Tent, Need Advice On Strain, Setup And Yield For 10 Plant Grow

Thanks

Lightbulb 120x240x200 Tent, Need Advice On Strain, Setup And Yield For 10 Plant Grow

Setup:

120cm x 240cm x 200cm
    2x600w HPS Lights
    2xMaxibright Ballasts
    6" Carbon Filter and RVK Extractor Fan
    300w Blue CFL light
    250w Red CFL light?

Im thinking of growing 10 plants in this tent under 2 600w lights, my main concern is the end product (yield), im aiming to achieve the best possible for this setup.

Im in a pickle about what strain to buy, these are strains i was considering (baring in mine there will be 10 plants):

Paradise - Delahaze, not sure if there will be enough space for this plant
    White Label - Super skunk, smell might be a problem?
    Fantaseeds - Armageddon, quite pricey

The biggest question i have is, i will be vegging all 10 plants with a 300w blue cfl, possibly with an added 250w red cfl? (or should i buy another blue one?), now how will vegging all these plants with cfl, effect the yield? and how long will they take to veg? around 6 weeks?

Soz for the 21 questions, i just need to get this right

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Right.... You say you want to buy cfl bulbs for veg, instead of buying them, use the money to buy a slightly more expensive ballast that can take metal halide (MH) bulbs which are for vegging. So basically you would have two sets of 600w lights which can support vegging and flowering spectrum bulbs. Your yield will be much greater than that if you use a cfl for vegging.

Are you planning to veg in a seperate tent, as in a smaller tent, if so I can understand you wantin cfl lights. But if you are growing in the tent you mentioned with those dimensions. Veg your plants under the 600w metal halide lighting, then when you flower, simply change the bulbs to the high pressure sodium(HPS) lights along with the light cycle.

-Fly

I forgot to add, you will definately need active intake. I might suggest using the 6" ruck fan to supply air via intake and using a 8" fan to extract it. It will set you back and extra £200 for the fan and carbon filter. I don't think the 6 inch fan is enough for 2 600watters in a room that size. You want to do this properly or you will end up wasting valuable time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Denzil For This Useful Post:

topyramid (28-12-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post
    Right.... You say you want to buy cfl bulbs for veg, instead of buying them, use the money to buy a slightly more expensive ballast that can take metal halide (MH) bulbs which are for vegging. So basically you would have two sets of 600w lights which can support vegging and flowering spectrum bulbs. Your yield will be much greater than that if you use a cfl for vegging.

Are you planning to veg in a seperate tent, as in a smaller tent, if so I can understand you wantin cfl lights. But if you are growing in the tent you mentioned with those dimensions. Veg your plants under the 600w metal halide lighting, then when you flower, simply change the bulbs to the high pressure sodium(HPS) lights along with the light cycle.

-Fly

I forgot to add, you will definately need active intake. I might suggest using the 6" ruck fan to supply air via intake and using a 8" fan to extract it. It will set you back and extra £200 for the fan and carbon filter. I don't think the 6 inch fan is enough for 2 600watters in a room that size. You want to do this properly or you will end up wasting valuable time.
    Heres the thing, i have not got the funding for the tent and kit as of yet but have got about 150 quid now to invest, i was planning on growing in a mylar lined wardrobe, the space will be about 3.5 foot wide, 2 foot high and 2 foot depth, would there be a significant difference by using the cfl's for the vegging stage then?
    The main reason behind the cfl vegging stage is the electricity costs, so i only have to use 12/12 for just over 2 months with the 600 watters.

Yer i forgot to mention another fan, think i will defo be needing one.
    I think the strain ill be buying is the chocolope.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post

-Fly

Agreed with all of the above.

I started in the exact sameway but changed it to this after a couple of weeks and the results where immense!

However, you will need to upgrade the Intake/Extraction to run 2x 600's all year round
    don't get in trouble that you can't get out of...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Runner View Post
    Agreed with all of the above.

I started in the exact sameway but changed it to this after a couple of weeks and the results where immense!

However, you will need to upgrade the Intake/Extraction to run 2x 600's all year round
    Upgrade the fans all year round? i don't understand, keep on replacing them?

Thanks

If you just want to get started as a practice run, CFLs in a small space will work but will be tediously slow and the end result no where near what you will achieve with HPS - fine for getting the hang of it though.

If you've got a 2.4 x 1.2, fuck electricity costs - you're going to have around 20-30 ounces with a 6-8 week veg off of 10 plants under 2 600s so who cares - it will cost around £150 a month to run in Veg (18/6) and £100 a month in Flower (12/12)

Strain is dependent only on what kind of smoke you want - size won't be a problem because you can control it

Do you want Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?

Do you just want a high yield strain or is flavour/smell/high more important?

Do you care how fast it finishes?

Chocolope is one of my favourites but there are plenty more that may be more suitable for you??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by topyramid View Post
    Upgrade the fans all year round? i don't understand, keep on replacing them?
    Na, like Fly says, it may be best to upgrade you 6" Extraction to 8" (Fan/Filter) and use the 6" for Intake

6" Extraction with passive intake would be fine in winter with one 600 but when you get to summer, with 2x 600w HPS, you will need to move the air faster and prob hook up a cold air feed.

Don't worry about it for now, just get 8" Fan/Filter for Ext and 6" for Intake and you'll be laughing - if you can afford it, an SMS Twin Fan Controller would complete the package and manage it all for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Runner For This Useful Post:

topyramid (28-12-10)

Thanks

my bro has just used a xxl budbox 1.2x2.4x2m useing 2 600watt lamps and 3 recirculating waterfarms, he pulled 32oz from the middle plant and 21 + 26 oz from the other 2, he uses a 6" rvk L1 outtake, 5" rvk L1 intake, temp controlled chiller, primair enviroment/climate control, and 1 or 2 air circulating fans that oscilate, the lights are hung vertical also with no shades,
    this was his 2nd attempt at hydro after pulling 17oz from 1 plant in 1 farm his 1st time, this yield scared him a bit, he said thats him sorted for a year or two, cool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heath's Deciple View Post
    my bro has just used a xxl budbox 1.2x2.4x2m useing 2 600watt lamps and 3 recirculating waterfarms, he pulled 32oz from the middle plant and 21 + 26 oz from the other 2, he uses a 6" rvk L1 outtake, 5" rvk L1 intake, temp controlled chiller, primair enviroment/climate control, and 1 or 2 air circulating fans that oscilate, the lights are hung vertical also with no shades,
    this was his 2nd attempt at hydro after pulling 17oz from 1 plant in 1 farm his 1st time, this yield scared him a bit, he said thats him sorted for a year or two, cool
    :O Thats unbelievable, after my first grow ill start thinking about a hydro, thats like 79oz, a street value of almost 15k :/, don't think ive even bought that much since ive been smoking the stuff.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Cfls are good for your daring space. Little heat from the lights. I starte vegging with one in a shitty wardrobe and gradually upgraded on equipment as I went along so try that. Definately veg with cfl until you have the whole set up. Then put them under your 600watters. If you were to do a 10 plant sea of green under the 600w with a 5 week veg. I fan you could possible pull off 3-5 oz per plant depending on the medium you are using. Most likely 2-3 oz if using soil. Definately start a diary and you will be guided throghout. Can't go wrong mate.