Thread: cutting back and flowering again???

Thanks

Default cutting back and flowering again???

hi guys i don't know what you would call this but ... ive heard you can harvest your plants, cut back half the plant and flower it again is this right???

how would i go about doing this??? how many times can u do it to the same plants??? and would i get the same yield as the previous 1's???

i know there might be issues with stress etc creating hermies but i would like to just try it once for myself as it would save the rooting,veg time... any light you can spread on this topic is much appreciated

thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,070 Times

its called revegging you need to leave the popcorn buds on when you harvest then put the plant back into veg it will take about a month to get the plant growing normally again then you just grow her to hew it to the size you want to flower at ive got a super silver haze mother that ive flowered and reveged 3 times and its never caused her to hermie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alwaystoned_1 For This Useful Post:

blacksheep (02-01-11)

PG Guest

Yes you can, it called re-vegging. When the plants ready you harvest in the normal way, but leave a small amount of growth / airbud on the plant. Give her some fresh soil by removing some of the root mass then repot her. When done switch your lighting schedule back to your preffered on off hours (mine is 18/6). After a couple of weeks you should start seeing new vegative growth. You can then either take cuts from the new growth, or allow the old plant to re-veg for a while the re-flower her, my preference would be to take cuts from the new growth.
    Whether or not you would get the same yeild is debatable, some growers believe after a plant has been re-vegged the plant looses it's original vigour. My personal experience is after just 1 re-veg, there's very little difference to final yeild at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PG For This Useful Post:

blacksheep (02-01-11)

Thanks

thanks 4 the fast replies guys... i'll give it a go