Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storing Pollen.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,010 Times

Question Storing Pollen.

Got a New Big Boys Grinder and Pollen Press, Starting to collect a nice bit of Pollen in the bottom of the Grinder now and was wondering, What is the advantage of putting the Pollen in the Press as opposed to just keeping it loose, which is easier to put in a spliff than having a pellet of it, or does it cure any better, anyone got a view on this?
    <a href=https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10866&dateline=1292190185 target=_blank>https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ine=1292190185</a>

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-6-sexy-auto-s

NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS HERE'S THE MUFF MEISTER.........

DUCT TAPE
    Turning "No,No,No" Into "Mmm,Mmm,Mmm
    Since 1941

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,621 Times

I wouldn't think it makes any difference. It's just more convenient to have a lump of hash than a lot of loose powder. I don't have a pollen press so I just scoop it up from the bottom part of the grinder & scatter it in a spliff like you said. Works just fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ganesha For This Useful Post:

Spiked (06-01-11)

Thanks

if you can press it it's easier for transport, for a spliff with your m8 etc the buzz will remain the same, also once pressed you dont lose any dust on opening or pouring in a fat 1! horses for courses though I guess!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to euforialover For This Useful Post:

Spiked (06-01-11)

Thanks

I wouldn't bother using a press for such a small amount of Trichomes, Just hand press it instead, that's what I do when my space case fills right up. There's a bit of a knack to it but it's pretty easy...Just put the Trichomes in the palm of your hand & using your thumb, press down & at the same time move your thumb clockwise. This forces the Tric's together & the slight tearing motion caused by you moving your thumb helps bind them together. It's alot easier than when hand pressing fresh trichomes as they can be so sticky you actually get blisters when your not used to rubbing....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbla For This Useful Post:

Spiked (06-01-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by euforialover View Post
    if you can press it it's easier for transport, for a spliff with your m8 etc the buzz will remain the same, also once pressed you dont lose any dust on opening or pouring in a fat 1! horses for courses though I guess!
    The action of pressing & storing actually alters the Cannabinoid ratios, Look at what happens when you take a light bit of Hash & press it hard over & over. It'll change colour to a much darker Brown. This is caused by rupturing of the Glands, Oxidisation ect, when this happens, generally the CBD level goes up slightly. The high can change significantly especially after you'vce stored the Hash for a while.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbla For This Useful Post:

Spiked (06-01-11)

Thanks

Suppose i could do half in the press and the rest keep in powder form, I got a Big Birthday in April, and thought it would be quite nice to save it for then....................some chance!!!......lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbla View Post
    The action of pressing & storing actually alters the Cannabinoid ratios, Look at what happens when you take a light bit of Hash & press it hard over & over. It'll change colour to a much darker Brown. This is caused by rupturing of the Glands, Oxidisation ect, when this happens, generally the CBD level goes up slightly. The high can change significantly especially after you'vce stored the Hash for a while.
    is it not the storing that affects the stone? ie curing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by euforialover View Post
    is it not the storing that affects the stone? ie curing?

Yup the storage (Maturing) can improve/change the quality of the stone, moisture is lost & the flavor matures & becomes smooth,(too much moisture in hash, makes you cough). Generally though, once pressed into whatever the desired shape is, (I've seen 2mm slabs, fingers, twisted sticks all the way up to thick bars) the Hash is ready for smoking. Resin is sometimes kept loose in massive piles like sand in some countries till the time comes to press it. A pretty impressive site i can tell you

The reason they Hand rub In places like Northern India & Nnepal, where the weather is Humid at times, is because when sifting in Humid temps, the Trichomes get all sticky & it makes sieving difficult, so they hand rub it, then press & repress till all the Moisture is out.

I've made water Hash in Nepal way before the whole Bubble bag scene & it's a way to make fine top grade Hash again because of the Humidity. It's not practiced that much anymore but it has been done there for a long time indeed. When I was living in Pokhara (Nepal) I used to help this guy make Hash. We would take the resin & put it into thick plastic, twist it tight & plunge it into boiling water, this would heat up the Resin & oils, then we would take the bags out & twist some more. After it cooled down the plastic was removed & revealed snooker ball sizes of Hash. The reason he used this method is because he didn't have acess to a press & hand rolling such amounts was too time consuming...

Ha ha, sorry, I can go on about Hash & India/Nepal/Se Asia ect a bit sometimes....

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubbla For This Useful Post:

Ganesha (07-01-11), prime (08-01-11), Spiked (06-01-11)

blurry-vision Guest

I like it loose, and that is not not a eupehemism BTW, but I don't see the point in pressing it, I actually often make a milky coffee with mine, gets you nice and toasty aye ...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

Spiked (06-01-11)

Thanks

Just out of Curiosity, Can you taste it in Coffee............lol...SPIKED, Im just going to put the Kettle on....................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast