Thread: help please. 1st grow nightmare!

Thanks

Default help please. 1st grow nightmare!

hey guys, well this was supposed to be my first grow but due to one problem after another im possibly looking at starting over and not making the same mistakes twice. this is a kind of follow up thread as i originally started in the novice section but im told you guys might be able to save my babies.
    if your interested in the background to this thread with the pics then its at
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ation-problems
    to cut a long story short i messed up when germinating in my propagator by not getting a light on them soon enough and they all stretched like crazy. i repotted them but still had problems. now ive basically got 3 left from 10. one is a repotted stretched like crazy and the other 2 had done a u turn while growing and started growing down into the soil. ive pulled the heads out and there not very green.
    im not sure if ive over watered, under watered, over fed or under fed. ive not gone mad though and always wait till the soil is dryish.
    just wondering if these plant are savable? or worth saving? if im going to have problems later on then id rather just start again now.
    sorry about the quality of some of the pics.
    any advice is appreciated, thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day seven..jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	34913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day8..jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	34914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day eight..jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	34915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day 8..jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	34916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day six..jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	34917  

Thanks

what kind of light are you useing

Thanks

600w hps at the mo as thats all i got. its about 2 feet away from the plants. will look at getting a 250w blue cfl next time for the first 5 weeks as ive had temperature problems using the 600w. where i need to have the extractor on to suck that heat out im not getting any humidy in the tent. will this cause problems?

Thanks

your plant only look about 6inches i had a problem with streching get your hand on a cfl and 6ltr pots plant your lil girls about half there stem deep put them under a cfl 2/3inches above if they cant stand on there own cut straws to hold them up from you pics you dont have any leaves comeing thew other than the 1st 2 leaves so under the cfl you shud be ok i would never start over unless its a last resort......good luck and i hope it works for you im a 1st time grower with basic knowledge and im learning more as the days go by ive only told u wot i would and have done and just look at how mine have came threw......hopefully you will have the luck i had fingers crossed mate let me no how you get on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0759..jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	34978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0761..jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	34979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0760..jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	34980  

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jackthelad21 For This Useful Post:

richie (06-01-11)

Thanks

yeah cfl is the best way to go i think but i cant make that investment until tuesday at the earliest so gona have to see what happens till then. i will look at getting the new pots asap. would 15ltr or 18 ltr pots be too much as i already have them? i really wanted 4 plants but now im down to 3 from 10 and they have all had a bad start to life and im worried im going to spend the next few months nursing them and not get a decent return yeild wise. i dont want tons of smoke, just a nice amount of quality buds to keep me going till the next chop.
    your pics look great jack, nice job. hope mine can look like that soon with that bit of luck. thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richie View Post
    yeah cfl is the best way to go i think but i cant make that investment until tuesday at the earliest so gona have to see what happens till then. i will look at getting the new pots asap. would 15ltr or 18 ltr pots be too much as i already have them? i really wanted 4 plants but now im down to 3 from 10 and they have all had a bad start to life and im worried im going to spend the next few months nursing them and not get a decent return yeild wise. i dont want tons of smoke, just a nice amount of quality buds to keep me going till the next chop.
    your pics look great jack, nice job. hope mine can look like that soon with that bit of luck. thanks
    15/18ltr is what you should finish in after potting up 1s or twice but if u try what i sugested your plants should pull round and jumping straight to the pots you have will be less stress for your plants then repotting 2/3x as they have had enuff stress vegg them 18/6 for 5/8wks thats what im going because ive raed that you get better yeids if you vegg them longer then 12/12 flower i had the same prob as you (schoolboy error) and done what i suggested to you and ive bin lucky lets hope you are let me no how you get on would be nice to see your plants in 2/3wks under cfl in the pics ov mine they had only bin under cfl 2 wks u will probably get away with a 125w blue cfl for vegg if u only got 3 thats all mine is post pics and i'll watch your progress....GOOD LUCK....