Thread: When is best to use Big Bud n overdrive

Thanks

Default When is best to use Big Bud n overdrive

Hello people, really stuck with when to use Big Bud n Overdrive, Ive been told for the first two weeks of flower Big bud then for the next two weeks Overdrive, does anyone have an suggestions????????????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

This should answer ur question, mate.

Q. Can I use Big Bud and Bloom Booster Pro Together? Yes! Big Bud can be used all along, during veg period to "bulk up" all growth; it is primarily amino acids and simple carbohydrate, but it does have K, P and Mg. Continue to use Big Bud in blooming, noting K and Mg are already in this product. A "base-line" level of Big Bud is normally always desireable. When using Bloom Booster Pro you increase minerals K,S,Mg, P; the intention of using this product is to increase just these mineral's input during blooming. Bloom Booster Pro is to augment the baseline fertigation being used. Measure EC of final solution to be sure final strength of fertigation does not exceed target range when adding Bloom Booster. Typically one would reduce the inputs of NPK from primary sources to accommodate use of more P,K,Mg and S in Bloom Booster Pro.
    Q. If I don't want to use all three bloom enhancement products (Bud Blood, Big Bud, and Overdrive) can I use Big Bud as a stand alone bloom enhancer? Yes, although a combination of the three will yield the absolute best results, Big Bud can be used as a stand alone bloom enhancer.

Bud Blood is a blend of minerals that initiates flowering quicker.

Overdrive is not the same as either of these; there are vitamins and fulvic acid in Overdrive. This product has specific intentions regarding 'accelerating' growth when fewer and fewer days remain for growth. Often this is a genetic trait.

Big Bud is the better choice of these as a "stand alone" blooming enhancer. Adjust its input a little higher during blooming phase. During blooming, doubling the rate of 'baseline' Big Bud use for example, would not pose solubility problems even with Big Bud powder.

dekay.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

Fairy (29-01-15), NaMeLeSs2005 (11-10-10)

Thanks

Thats interesting dekay cheers. I been using Ionic Grow and Bloom and adding Doc Hornby Big Bud shortly after budding begins. Never heard of the other two, will have to keep my eye out next trip to the Hydro shop and give the trio a whirl

Thanks

Generally speaking, use big bud from the 2nd week of flower until 2 weeks before flush. then give it your overdrive for the next week to 2 weeks and then flush.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nevanayno For This Useful Post:

NaMeLeSs2005 (11-10-10)

Thanks

personaly i dont like haveing my pants pulled down by advanced nutes for what is basically mollasses! with a little bit of something else so they can sell it for more rip off merchants

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b.f.c.bigal View Post
    Hello people, really stuck with when to use Big Bud n Overdrive, Ive been told for the first two weeks of flower Big bud then for the next two weeks Overdrive, does anyone have an suggestions????????????
    I use Big bud an overdrive and never have problems in the uc just be careful if using them together. That gets tricky.I always run my nutrients at half but BB and overdrive full strength.