Thread: LED or 125w cfl in pc growbox?

Thanks

Default LED or 125w cfl in pc growbox?

I have been kicking around some other lighting options in my pc case growboxes. I currently use 2-23w 6500k & 2-26w 6500k cfl's in my veg box & 3-26w 2700k cfl's in my flower box. I would like to update the lights so to maximize my yield. I have to grow the way I do cuz of personal family reasons so upgrading my grow space is out of the question.

What should I use? LED or cfl?
    "Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck" - George Carlin

blurry-vision Guest

No expert on LEDS dizzy but as i understand it you need lots of them(ergo space) and high quality(ergo cost) so as a basic piece of advice i'd go with the 125 watt red spec CFL as a cheap option and it is tried and trusted. clearly yields will be in the low range but certainy not terrible by any means.

Anyway i am sure someone else knows a bit more than me but i think that's reasonably sound advice, have done a few grows with only a max of 150 red CFL and done ok, but have never had much space issues so most my CFL grows have been in the 400-500 watt range....
    cheers mate..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blurry-vision View Post
    No expert on LEDS dizzy but as i understand it you need lots of them(ergo space) and high quality(ergo cost) so as a basic piece of advice i'd go with the 125 watt red spec CFL as a cheap option and it is tried and trusted. clearly yields will be in the low range but certainy not terrible by any means.

Anyway i am sure someone else knows a bit more than me but i think that's reasonably sound advice, have done a few grows with only a max of 150 red CFL and done ok, but have never had much space issues so most my CFL grows have been in the 400-500 watt range....
    cheers mate..
    I do have the space but the misses has me by the balls on this one. Just looking into keeping the heat issues down without adding lot of fans.

blurry-vision Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy Spyder View Post
    I do have the space but the misses has me by the balls on this one. Just looking into keeping the heat issues down without adding lot of fans.
    Ahh right gotcha, yeah well, a simple PC fan will be sufficient with a 125'er I'd think, defo shouldn't go over 28c at a guess probs less, depending on avg room temp and so forth..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

LEDs are OK for vegging but don't have the power to flower the plants well enough. Stick to CFLs
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery_Customer View Post
    LEDs are OK for vegging but don't have the power to flower the plants well enough. Stick to CFLs
    Thanks mystery_customer. I was just looking for different bulbs to use in my pc.