Thread: Airstone importance ?

Thanks

Cool Airstone importance ?

Hi guys i just wandered how important it is to have an airstone in my flood and drain res ? I do not currently but does anyone think it will increase my chances ? thanks in advance.

Thanks

I think the general consensus is to use one to keep the res mixture fresh and add extra oxygen where needed, but im a soil grower so this is only repeated info. let someone with hydro knowledge answer this aswell.

Thanks

Cheers, also i have a filter in the res so i use that for circulation and i guess may oxygenate the water with its flow.

Thanks

This is my 2nd attempt my first was soil and i had not bad results after a rocky over feeding start. How long have you had the hobby ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Im a soil grower currently, but i wouldnt do any hydro without a airstone in the ress!

Thanks

thanks, i keep fish anyway so i have one its just i do not have any sockets left for 1 lol. I think i may have to sort something else to get one in there. I guess it all helps for the cause !

Thanks

well i got one for my wilma 4 pot on the basis it oxygenates the mix and keeps it mixing the whole time however if your going to get one get heavy circular one as the little ones arnt that good depending on tank size hope this helps