Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does Co2 increase yield?

Thanks

Yes, it would produce some CO2, but not enough to make a difference.
    You need to significantly raise the CO2 concentration and maintain it, which is a bugger cos you also need to ventilate the space for heat, but the advantage is you don't need to worry too much about venting for CO2. An effective setup needs air cooled enclosed lights so room temps are minimised, lower room ventilation right down, and use a proper CO2 setup that maintains a set ppm. It is expensive, tricky to get right, and if it goes wrong it can kill you with no warning. DIY is not recommended.
    If you have a large (commercial) setup then the payback may make sense - they use them more and more in commercial glass Houses, especially if the CO2 can come from a commercial generator or other source where it counts as carbon capture.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lhhip For This Useful Post:

DaveyJones (15-04-13), Stirruphead (15-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,811 Times

The lads growing with LED's should be able to use CO2 with ease, not at all the same type of heat to extract which means they could get a very CO2 enriched environment.
    Anyone care to experiment some?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveyJones For This Useful Post:

Stirruphead (15-04-13)

Thanks

Ozgrower was into adding CO2 to his grow, I believe; using the gas output from homebrewing, not unnaturally, him being Australian and all. I'd like to have a crack at it myself, but I think it's a bit advanced for me right now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stirruphead For This Useful Post:

DaveyJones (15-04-13)

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dubc02 View Post
    wow..this is and old thread...but still want to ask if i put yeast sugar and water together and have it slowly releasing c02..what would be so difficult?
    It wouldn`t be difficult to do, but it would be a waste of time and money.

Thanks

So the yield increases are minimal for small grows? Im planning on growing 4 plants under 2 123w cfls...so heat shouldnt be a huge issue.
    Does anyone have any info on c02 vs no c02 yields?

jimmi420 Guest

The homemade co2 jobby would do naff all. Waist of money, but added co2 will increase yield, but its a balancing act dialling in the rest of your enviroment to work with it.
    Last edited by jimmi420; 16-04-13 at 01:39 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

Sonofdust (16-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,116 Times

I was pondering using CO2 in a tent.

This is what i would do, since using CO2, i don't really want extraction, as this would just get rid of the co2 before it would be able to be used.

In a 1.2 x 1.2m tent, i would have 2X 600W lights, in a daisy chain cool tube, or seperate.

then close up all the vents, and other holes etc, and seal with duct tape.

set up an extractor fan towards the top of the tent, set up an extractor fan, attatched to a carbon filter, which will be positioned on the floor stood up, with no ducting, so it's just circulating air through it, pulling through the filter, towards the top of the tent (helps mix the co2 around, since without movement co2 sits at the bottom) but not extracting, or intaking from, or to outside.

And during flower keep it at 1400ppm or around that, this should give a massive increase on yields, since the grow room is pretty much sealed, obviously you will want an oil filled radiator, in the tent (incase of low tents) and a high extraction taking through the cool tubes, so very little heat gets into the tent.

Jobs a good'un

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinigami For This Useful Post:

Stirruphead (18-04-13)

Thanks

Yup..ill keep that in mind jimmy420.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,034 Times

If your getting high temps 35/40+ degrees its best to use some of co2 delivery system as it helps the plant handle the heat better plus it "can" help increase yields .
    My first Grow -https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tealth-Drawers -Finnished Was updated daily and loads of pics

2nd Grow - Blue Mystic - 600w HPS Cupboard Groom https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...as-Blue-Mistic Finnished

3rd & 4th GrowFruit Spirit & Dinachem https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-(fem)-in-Soil

5th Grow Pineapple Kush & Somango XL (Current) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Seeds-in-Soil

Thanks

Do u think dropping in a few cubes of dry ice every few days would b ok?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast