Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: signs of root bound?

Thanks

Default signs of root bound?

what are the signs of a root bound plant??
    my WW is 3 1/2 weeks into flower but the last 2 days she feels light as if she needs feeding but when i feed her about 1 ltr of water (1ml of vitalink buddy & 1 tea spoon on mollassas per 2 ltrs)it seems to take a long time to be absorbed & a lot more water drains through the bottom now than it did before,
    also the roots come out of the top of the soil & went back in on there own, & now i cant even get my finger in the soil it is rock hard lol
    7.5 ltr pots yeah i know there to small but to late to re pot i just want me some bud

but i also want to add atm there are no signs of slow growth, she is budding nice atm

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Chlorosis - yellowing of the leaves

Jesus the roots where coming out the top of the soil?! why on earth havent you repotted... How long did you veg for?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

pot up a lot more next time, like 15 to 20 ltr.

if there are roots protruding from the drainage holes, you should think about potting up, but not in flower (i believe).

i pot up four times usually, the last one being on the day before 12/12

you need your soil to be open and full of oxygen, not compacted, if the soil is too "tight", the water will flow around the soil in rivulets, and the roots will follow these, but not get access to the full volume of soil in any size pot.

make sure you use plenty of perlite or grit in your mix, you will find lots of soil info on here.

to re hydrate your soil, you are going to have to let them stand in water for a couple of hours, to let them totally soak up as much as possible, and then let them drain freely.

let your water stand overnight in the grow area to lose clhorine and reach room temp

good luck
    ...the never ending journey on the edge of time...

Five years, not banned yet!

Thanks

a few drops of o biodegradable soap work well to make the water wet

If You Dont Like My Fire Then Dont Come Around, Cause Im Gonna Burn One Down

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naxx View Post
    Chlorosis - yellowing of the leaves

Jesus the roots where coming out the top of the soil?! why on earth havent you repotted... How long did you veg for?
    i potted in 1 pot from start t finish,
    the roots started coming through the soil last week & was advised not to re pot because i was 2 1/2 weeks in to flower
    Thanx for the reply's guys & gals

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

if the plant is root bound it may be better to repot it than leave them to finish in far from ideal conditions.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,275 Times

I agree with wert. As long as you're careful when repotting, the plants will benefit massively from fresh soil and more room.

Thanks

ye im thinking of letting her dry out & putting her in a 10 ltr pot later today, or should i get a bigger pot? only 5-4 weeks to go atm

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

going from 7.5L to 10L ,you may find a bit difficult to pack the soil in.
    15L will see probably see the plant ok till harvest and a more managable and less stressfull repot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (14-01-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

I had a mate who put his Seeds strait into a 6.5L (Square) pot of Coco and vegged it for 9 weeks and then flower'd. Anyway I went to see him 2.5 weeks in 12/12 (10-11 week sat strain) I saw they was extremly rootbound and suffering for this. So I got a 11L Square pot, Put about 2 inches of Coco in the bottom of the Pot and sat the 6.5L pot inside it. Within about 4 days it had fully rooted thru the drainage holes into the 11L pot. Went onto to look much healthier a week later and yield quite well.

I think this could work in Dirt too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cocogrower For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (14-01-11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast