Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first res change! Mother of f*** *s****

Thanks

Default My first res change! Mother of f*** *s****

For a lazy guy like meself this was a fucking walk to mount everest! Cheesus!!! And the PH-fluctuations took forever to fix.... I know many people say to change the res every 7 days but since i have to walk like 15 minutes with huge buckets of water this just won't happen again....

Here's my shit: 4 x DWC (diy style) with advanced nutrients micro, grow, bloom... Each res' are 18 liters and according to AN nute calculator it said 72 ml of each per 18 L... But(t) i'm keepin' it easy so i put 60 ml of each instead... The EC went from 0,84 (bf res change) to a staggering 2,05 after!!! And the ph was 4,9-5,0... So i raised it by using liquid silicon ph up 6 ml in each res... After a while the ph stabilized at 5,4... Also added 5 ml of cannazyme to each res... I guess ph will continue to fluctuate for a couple of days!? Have i just fucked up my first hydro grow or what ya guys think?? Hope then lill' girlies will survive anyhow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hydro_3..jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	35646  

Icon Guest

that EC is way too high for that little girl you need to take some water out of the bucket and replace with fresh it doesnt want to be more then 1.2.
    Its a sturdy looking plant but you really are risking nute burn
    The Ph should stabilise in a few minutes 20 at most.
    it needs to be 5.8 atm no less
    Last edited by Icon; 15-01-11 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks

Yeahh!!! Even though i didn't follow AN's calculator! They said 72 ml of each! That would prob given me a ec of 2,2 or something....

Icon Guest

ignore there calculations the plants been happy at .8 you simply should not increase it that much it will not do it any favours sort it asap trust me

Thanks

According to AN - NUTRIENT CALCULATOR the ppm reading should be 1036 and the EC should be 2,59 !! I don't get it! Why would AN have customers fuck up their grow???

Bobby Digital Guest

yeah dont follow the guide, the plant will tell you what they need, iv had plants that wouldnt go over 1.2 in flower.

its always better to go low than too high with feed imo, is it a rdwc or is each bucket separate?

Thanks

Each bucket is separate... Before the res change the ec reading were 0,84 and them lill' girlies were doing great! Although a bit slow in comparison to some other dwc grow's i've seen... Problem is i have to walk for 15 mins to get fresh water maaaan this sucks ass... Fuck AN!

Icon Guest

15 mins now is a small price to pay
    in future do the res change with a small amount of nutes somewhere near where you think then take frsh water and nutes to get it spot onwhen its all in
    You will within a few weeks get a good idea of what you need to add but just put the leg work in for now
    It will be worth it

Bobby Digital Guest

if you dont mind me asking? why does it take you 15mins to get the fresh water?

Thanks

Don't mind at all Well can't be too cautious so all i can say is that my grow area is a 15 min walk from any "civilized" area.... Old shack something something... This is my first hydro grow, so it's an experiment to put it like that.... Only grown in soiol/perlite before...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast