Thread: Enough height for Hydroponic grow?

Thanks

Default Enough height for Hydroponic grow?

Hi,

First timer grower.

I'm currently converting the apex of the loft into 2 rooms (veg & flower). So effectively they would be 2 tents next to each other. The distance from the floorboard to the apex is about 1.5m and the width at the widest part is about 1.7m. It's hard enough working in there finishing the insulation and electrics/lighting. I'm planning to use the Drip System to grow my plants.

I just had a sudden panic. Is there enough height for this method? I intending to use a 400w HPS for the flowing room?

Elsewhere on the forum suggest about 12 inches for a 400w to the top of the plant. Together with the setup for the Drip System this doesn't give me much room for the plants. Have I f****d up big style?

Thanks

you could always try a cool tube or similar cooled lighting, i have used a cool tube and you dont need as much room between the light and the plants.
    Weed is from the earth, god put this here for me and you, take advantage man, take advantage

Thanks

how long you goina veg for ??? whats the strain of plant ???
    KNOWLEDGE IS LOST, IF NOT SHARED......................NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM 1878

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

Should be OK as long as you grow small strains and don't veg for long (or at all).
    You're right though - not much room.
    What dripper system are you using and how tall is it?

Thanks

I would put a net in there to stop things growing up too high.
    I grew a new breed and the fucker shot up on me in no time I was life shit no way!
    You can get closer than 12 inches with a 400w though.
    I think you can get a 350w cfl now which would be cooler too.
    Train them from early on and bend the plant over.

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies.

Got 2 New-Jet - NJ600 pumps (200 to 50 litre/hour) and was going to Veg in Rockwool and Flower in Clay Pebbles. I was going to use a 30 to 50 litre container for reservoir a 1x4x6 ft tray for the Rockwool and Clay pebbles. Hopefully I can put the tray above the reservoir via a home made table.

Sorry for being thick but when you say cool tube do you mean CFL? I was going to use 2 fluorescent (one warm one cool) for Veg. I think I've no choice other than small strain (can anyone suggest any strain from the THCteam whic falls into this catergory? i.e easy to grow for a beginer yet not too tall). I'm still building the room (not much time in the evening after everyone's gone to bed

I will try out the pump set soon to see what the overall height is.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

Cooltube is an HPS with an air-cooled reflector piece.

You could try an indica dominant plant -
    a few I recommend from the shop are Paradise Sensi Star and White Berry, and DNA Genetics Sharksbreath.