Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CO2 Plant Techniques

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Cheers bodge!

I have an unusual and, well I think, amusig email address so don't be alarmed!

T.R.F.

TheRealFeanor is my name: And Canna is my nation: Cyber space is my dwelling place: The stars my destination

Thanks

here's the links ;

valve - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

CO2 carts - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i cant for the life of me get the hang of adding pictures to replies - i'll put them in my album

Bodge's Auto Low Widows

i use the valve stem cut out of an old bicycle inner tube with the core removed & a bit of clear tubing over it - it just screws into the inflator to give it a bit of a nozzle... using this type of inflator means you can turn it on & off once cartridge is in, + you can adjust the flow. the black foam tube comes with the valve to slip over the carts 'cos they get so cold so quick...

i did have a larger CO2 bottle fitted with a timer & a solenoid valve (aquarium kit) , but found the small valve handier & it worked just as well...

Bodge.

(apologies if i'm not supposed to post links, i'm new to the site - anyone wanting more info can PM me...)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bodge For This Useful Post:

Claymorrow (04-04-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Again, many thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed response: 'tis much appreciated!

Once I've got the bits and bobs, I may be contacting you again - ha ha!

T.R.F.

Thanks

no problem - only too glad to be of help...

Bodge.

Thanks

i've read that Cannabis plants on average like about 1200 - 1500 PPM of CO2 , while average levels in air are about 900 - 1000 PPM , so it does'nt need too much to bring it up tho it does have great benefits if your other factors (lights, feed, etc) are good...

meters for measuring CO2 in air are hideously expensive, so i've been doing it by trial & error for the last 5 or 6 grows ; i've found a short squirt round the plants when the lights come on, then another 2 or 3 times during the light period does the job... also remember if you have fans running at timed periods to add the gas just after they go off, not during or else it will be drawn out quickly & will just be a waste...

Bogde.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bodge For This Useful Post:

Claymorrow (04-04-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Co2 is about 350 ppm outside.
    Been busy in life, sorry to have missed so much in the forum.

Thanks

just an FYI about carbonated water, roots don't use co2, they use oxygen. the leaves absorb co2 so you would only be hurting your plant. probably wouldn't hurt any in germination though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gohtee For This Useful Post:

D Fever (28-07-14)

Thanks

To the op although C02 can increase your crop drastically one much understand that C02 is a silent killer so if you have family pets .. kids, might be wise to re consider would hate ??explaining the cops how your kid or who ever died,,, Cause you were more concerned about something you read on the interent that c02 will make me lots of weed

You have to ask your self few things how much experience do i have , is my room sealed,,, can i control temps ??? cause when running c02 temps can hit extreme hot so you got good AC ????? to keep her below 90 's ?? out of curiosity what size is your room ???
    When running Co2 your not going to be able to turn on fans . shut off c02 do anything when the c02 is dispersed you plan on running in there holding your breath ?????
    and when would you know its safe to go into room see where i am getting at here son

So lets break this down for you the right way and most importantly the safe way.
    we want to here back from you hahaha not here about you on the news Some bloody block died from c02 . And maybe vere you off to some other routes of co2 enrichment in your garden

C02 bottle
    pressure regulator
    Flow control valve
    The pressure regulator takes the pressure from your tank which can be over 1200 psi and steps it down to 50 - 100 psi where your flow control valve can handle
    The Flow control is where you adjust how many CFH of c02 is released into your room

Laser Tubing - is attached to the flow control valve this tubing has holes in it so c02 is evenly dispersed As c02 is a heavy gas you need to disperse it above plants with plenty of
    circulation Fans blowing below canopy as well as above now with all this in place
    how do you get c02 levels up in room and stay constant
    Where do you plug in the solenoid well of course not directly into a wall but into a c02 controller which will sniff the the room also telling the controller to stop pumping c02 at your levels you wanted

So in reality its going to be pretty big start up fee expect to spend for decent set up close to 1000 bucks and don't forget AC unit as well
    So if you can honestly control room temps then i say give it a try just don't kill anyone

or you can google c02 pails or buy lots of yeast and sugar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7213b7(2).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	269271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0733.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	269272  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2